PDA

View Full Version : Rigid TS3650

Marc Prudhomme
12-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Hi again,
I have read all the advice and I have decided to go with the rigid table saw TS 3650 from home depot.With the 10% off for the home depot credit card purchase this should bring me to about 500.00 for the saw.I have read some reports that I could get it cheaper but I cant find that anywhere in my area.If someone knows a way I would apreciate letting me know how.I found an article http://benchmark.20m.com/reviews/RidgidTS3650/RidgidTS3650Review.html that was interesting if anyone else is on the Market for a saw.Again thanks for all the advice and I will be using this forum more in the future.
Thx,
Marc

rocky brown
12-24-2006, 12:53 PM
hi marc-

i've used harbor freight's 15 and 20% off coupons at my local home depot. in fact i got my 3650 for 30% off. when i bought it hd was running 10% off for credit card purchase and hf had a 20% off coupon.

hope this helps,
rb

Marc Prudhomme
12-24-2006, 1:01 PM
hi marc-

i've used harbor freight's 15 and 20% off coupons at my local home depot. in fact i got my 3650 for 30% off. when i bought it hd was running 10% off for credit card purchase and hf had a 20% off coupon.

hope this helps,

rb
Did you get the coupon on the web site??

Karl Stewart
12-24-2006, 1:20 PM
Congrats and good luck. It's the saw I purchased and has been a great addition to my ww journey/ beginnings. On one side I set up a dovetail jig and the other has a router table, utilizing the fence (with an auxillary).

I'll send a pic along. I can't remember if it came with the mobile base, but I would recommend one. Remember lifetime warranty is a simple sign up. Happy cutting!

Karl

Jesse Thornton
12-24-2006, 2:00 PM
I've had that saw for a couple of years now, and it has served me very well. Upgrading the blade to a WWII 30T TK improved the performance considerably. One day I'd like to upgrade to a cabinet saw, but for a contractor saw it's a really good value for the price.
Happy ripping!

rocky brown
12-24-2006, 3:32 PM
Did you get the coupon on the web site??
it was either on their website or in an email. if i can find it i'll email it to you.

rb

found it. marc if you send me an email at: rockybrown@austin.rr.com, i'll send you a copy.

Jeremy Yorke
12-24-2006, 6:22 PM
MARC... I went in there and I opened a commercial charge account and the tool manager was able to take off 100 dollars off. I have read where someone managed to get a deeper discount. good luck

John Shuk
12-24-2006, 8:45 PM
I think you will be real happy!
Good Luck!

Allen Bookout
12-24-2006, 9:28 PM
Why does Home Depot take HF discount coupons?

Marc Prudhomme
12-24-2006, 9:59 PM
Good question.Why is that?

Clint Winterhalter
12-24-2006, 10:56 PM
:cool: It's a great saw. Emerson Electric makes the Ridgid line of bench tools. Great saw for the money! Good Luck with it! You might want to check out the Rockler Out feed table for you new toy. It runs $89. It sets up easily and make working with large stock much easier. Enjoy!
Clint

rocky brown
12-25-2006, 1:17 AM

same reason that home depot takes lowes coupons and vice versa. most large retailers take competitors coupons and match sales prices.

rb

Stephen McClaren
12-25-2006, 5:53 AM
Great saw so far, still learning the basics but this is a heck of a step up from my bench top craftsman, that thing scared the heck out of me!

I got it(ts3650) on sale 10% off, then started a HD credit account for 10% off, then got a military discount on it for 4th of july or some such at 10% off. They are not supposed to stack them like that, it took a manager to do it at the cash register, but he was happy to do it. prob. b/c we were backing up the line on the 4th of july and had 2 of his workers waiting to help me load the thing into my truck. :). Also ask about returned units, a lot of people give up trying to assemble the thing and just box it up and take it back, I know a guy that got one cheap that way.

When you buy it remember that it comes in 2 boxes, sometimes they forget to give you the long box that contains the rails. Also, check out the ridgid site forum under woodworking, a lot of tips about assembly of the unit there. I would also recommend a good blade for it, makes a world of difference. Good luck.

Marc Prudhomme
12-25-2006, 7:15 AM
same reason that home depot takes lowes coupons and vice versa. most large retailers take competitors coupons and match sales prices.

rb

When you purchased your saw was HF selling rigid products?Because they do not sell them now.It may not work for me

Stephen McClaren
12-25-2006, 9:13 AM
the HF coupons are not for a specific product, they are 15% off any one item or 15% off entire purchase. You can use them on any product at HF. I have not seen any 20% off hf coupons in a while, but the 15% ones show up now and again. To get the coupons go to the HF webpage and sign up for the email notifications. Youll get a lot of email from them, seems like every other day, and the coupons will be in there once in a while. Some HD will honor them some won't, never hurts to ask. Never had them turn down a Lowes coupon.