PDA

View Full Version : A lot of new turners

Anthony Yakonick
11-12-2003, 6:49 PM
and some nice first turnings, does this mean I have to start building "square" things to keep up?

Jim Becker
11-12-2003, 6:55 PM
Yes...you have to build something to hold your turning tools so you can use your table saw again...hee hee

Dennis Peacock
11-12-2003, 8:17 PM
I agree with Jim......Yes you do.....you must now make something square after each 12 things you make round.....it's only fair to the "rest" of your shop. :)

Anthony Yakonick
11-12-2003, 8:32 PM
I did order a WWII blade, also I built new shop cabinets this spring. Of course the door pulls are made from exotics like Ebony and Pink Ivory wood :D

Tom Sweeney
11-12-2003, 11:00 PM
Don't tell anybody but I started working on a spalted maple box last night - & it's going to be rectangular :eek:

Course I had to find my tablesaw, under all the stuff I've been storing on it for the last 4 or 5 months :rolleyes:

To make up for it I did turn my first round box on Monday night out of the same spalted maple I'm making this out of. I think the round box took maybe a half hour - let's see how many weeks it takes me to finish the flat one - hopefully by Christmas anyway :rolleyes: