PDA

View Full Version : Jessem Mast-R-Slide and TS switch relocation

Rob Blaustein
12-24-2006, 9:23 AM
Have any of you Mast-R-Slide users had to relocate your TS switch? I just noticed that the switch on my Grizz 1023 is mounted to the left wing, which I will need to remove to mount the Mast-R-Slide. I like the idea of it being to the left of the blade since that's where I stand, but once the wing is removed there's not much room to slide it over and not have it get in the way of the wheel that raises/lowers the blade. And it looks like I'd have to mount it to the rail rather than the wing. Just wondering if anyone else has had to contend with this.

Mike Cutler
12-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Rob. I re-mounted my switch to the bottom of the Mast-R-Slide.
I don't remember if the little aluminum L bracket came with the Mast-R-Slide, or if I made it. I know that I didn't drill any holes in the Mast-R-Slide, but I remember removing the switch and drilling holes in the switch mounting braket to make everything work. The switch was reinstalled after all of the mounting was done.

Here are a few pics.

glenn bradley
12-24-2006, 10:54 AM
My switches have always been mounted to the rail. It gives more freedom on 'tuning' the position for the ole leg-push.

Mark Carlson
12-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Rob,

I did what Mike did and mounted the switch under the slider. It has predrilled holes for this purpose. The Jessem does come with a bracket to use. I ended up using the orginal because it was sturdier.

~mark

Gary Herrmann
12-24-2006, 11:01 AM
I moved my switch. My 650 had a place so I didn't have to tap the rail. It was a sturdier mounting than the aluminum plate that came with the slider and I was also concerned that the switch could be harder to reach if I had a particularly wide piece of wood on it, and had to stop in the middle for some reason. I would then have to reach under the slider, which could be awkward.

Rob Blaustein
12-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. My slider is still in the box so I didn't quite have a firm grasp of exactly how it mounted and that there would still be a stationary place to mount the switch. Makes sense.

Gary--interesting point about having to reach under; where did you end up moving your switch to?

Gary Herrmann
12-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Rob, I attached it to the right wing. On the 650, both the left and right wings have spots for mounting the switch. Only issue I ran into was having to rewire the switch, so the cable would be long enough and wouldn't get in the way when tilting the trunnions.