PDA

View Full Version : Anyone installed Oneida's DC remote?

Chris Merriam
12-23-2006, 9:31 PM
I got my Christmas present a little early tonight, but I don't know how to get this remote working, and Oneida's closed :(

All we got in the mail was the remote itself, no instructions. My wife talked to them and said something about opening the switch and *something*.

Has anyone installed their's? Can you tell me how to do it? I hate to wait until Tuesday to figure it out, I'm right in the middle of a project and could really use the remote start! I have the 2HP DG with hardwired magnetic switch.

Thanks!

Walt Caza
12-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Sorry Chris,
I cannot help, but I also would like to know. I am just sooo glad having
my d/c finally running, and ductwork half complete, that I have been
glad to walk over to the switch. Perhaps there is a jumper in the box ?

My remote looks cool, but is not yet functional.
I also have my Oneida bag gripper pump waiting to be installed.
If I ever get all my ducks in a row, I fear I might take a heart attack...
I seem to add more to my to-do list than I cross off !

congrats on the nifty new shop gadget,
Walt
:)

glenn bradley
12-23-2006, 10:17 PM
Bummer. No manuals online. Come on Oneida, embrace the '90's.

Bob Michaels
12-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Walt - I've got the gag gripper pump on my 3 HP Oneida and it's a pleasure just pulling out the plastic bag insted of dumping the drum and getting full of dust.

Chris - I'm using the Woodcraft remote for my DC but I would guess that you need to put a cord and plug on your DC insted of having it hard wired. Plug that into the remote's receiver and plug the receiver into the juice. At least that was the simple install for the Woodcraft remote. BTW, I like the remote so much that I bought extra fobs (only $15 a pop) and attached one on each blast gate so it's a simple press fob/pull blast gate sequence.

Jeff Wright
12-23-2006, 11:08 PM
I have a Gorilla 3HP that I just got. I could scan the pages in the owner's manual that pertain to the remote starter and its wiring. Also, I got detailed instructions from Oneida regarding hooking up the gripper option that I have in a PDF Adobe file. I can email either if you want to email me at jkwright @ msn.com.

I also just installed my Nordfab duct work today. I took some photos of how I installed the machine adapter into the 8 inch inlet that may be a help to others doing the same install. The install came out very well. Photos show how I drilled four mounting screws and installed the first section of rigid Nordfab ducting.

Steven J Corpstein
12-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Chris,
I was told when I got my 1500 from Oneida that the remote piece is already in the electrical switch, and all I was really buying, was the remote control. I just plugged mine in and hit the remote button.

I did notice though, when I had the switch open, that there are different jumper configurations. Take a look inside for the schematic.

Chris Merriam
12-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Chris,
I was told when I got my 1500 from Oneida that the remote piece is already in the electrical switch, and all I was really buying, was the remote control. I just plugged mine in and hit the remote button.

I did notice though, when I had the switch open, that there are different jumper configurations. Take a look inside for the schematic.

Steve, that's what my wife was told too, mine is prewired and all we needed was the remote. It has two buttons on it, I push them and nothing happens. I don't understand the jumper settings and am afraid to mess with them without direction.

Jeff, thanks for the offer. I believe my remote is already pre-wired, so I don't have to install anything, I think I just need to flip a magic switch somewhere. Does the manual say anything about changing a jumper setting?

My DG manual only mentions how to wire up the entire switch and nothing else :(

Thanks for the replies!

Cody Colston
12-24-2006, 12:04 AM
Chris,

I've got the Oneida 2 hp Commercial DC and there wasn't much to getting the remote working.

The "receiver" plugged into the 230 vac receptacle and the DC plugged into the receiver. I placed the transmitter across the shop in a 120 vac receptacle where it had line-of-sight to most everywhere in the shop.

I velcroed the remote onto a wide elastic band which I wear on my wrist. It makes turning the DC on/off a snap and I don't have to hunt for the remote control. ;)

Chris Merriam
12-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Chris,

I've got the Oneida 2 hp Commercial DC and there wasn't much to getting the remote working.

The "receiver" plugged into the 230 vac receptacle and the DC plugged into the receiver. I placed the transmitter across the shop in a 120 vac receptacle where it had line-of-sight to most everywhere in the shop.

I velcroed the remote onto a wide elastic band which I wear on my wrist. It makes turning the DC on/off a snap and I don't have to hunt for the remote control. ;)

All I received was the remote fob itself. Everything else is "suppose" to be inside the starter switch box already.

Matt Calder
12-24-2006, 9:07 AM
Chris,
I got the remote from Woodcraft. The way it works is, there is a big green button on one side (if you don't see it, turn the remote over). When I press that, the outlet into which I plugged the DC energizes and the DC comes on. A few things that can go wrong: make sure you plug the DC into the remote controlled outlet, not the usual wall outlet; make sure the DC switch is in the on position (that one got me a couple times); lastly, make sure you plug the remote controlled outlet into one of the wall outlets (not the outlet on the remote, again, that got me once). Good luck!

Matt

Sorry Chris I couldn't resist! Merry Christmas, and sincerely, good luck with the remote. I do have the Woodcraft one and it is the best purchase I have made in months.

Jeff Wright
12-24-2006, 9:08 AM
[quote=Chris Merriam]Jeff, thanks for the offer. I believe my remote is already pre-wired, so I don't have to install anything, I think I just need to flip a magic switch somewhere. Does the manual say anything about changing a jumper setting?

My DG manual only mentions how to wire up the entire switch and nothing else :( quote]

My manual (for the 3HP model) says "Set the overload amperage dial for the SFA amperage of your motor. The SFA value is SFA = 16.6 (FLA =+ 14.5). It also says overload must be set or nuisance tripping may occur. There are two photos accompanying these comments, one showing the overload set area and the other the amperage dial setting device.

Jeff

Jim Becker
12-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Folks, there is more than one remote system type being brought up here. Chris has a system that is integral with the motor starter/contactor setup that came with their cyclones; Cody's and Matt's are a separate remote system, possibly X10-based but perhaps not.