PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you used Nikota cordless drills?

Ray Johnson
11-12-2003, 12:54 PM
I bought an 18v 3/8" cordless drill the other night for $32. Just wondering how these will hold up. This one will go on my boat and won't be used to much. But at that price, maybe I should buy a few more for my shop? Anyone with experience with these?

Mike Evertsen
11-12-2003, 1:14 PM
havn't heard that one where did you buy it,,,,,

Ray Johnson
11-12-2003, 1:50 PM
I bought it a Pep Boys which is an auto parts store. I searched for the brand on the internet yesterday and found a lot of places that sell it but couldn't find any feedback. It looks and feels fairly solid but it is not a brand that I am familiar with.

Charles McKinley
11-12-2003, 9:38 PM
Hi Ray,

Be careful with the charger. Only charge the batteries while you are in the shop and then unplag the charger. Some of the cheaper units have been known to catch fire.

Just my cautious 2 cents.

aurelio alarcon
11-13-2003, 3:00 AM
I bought an 18v 3/8" cordless drill the other night for $32. Just wondering how these will hold up. This one will go on my boat and won't be used to much. But at that price, maybe I should buy a few more for my shop? Anyone with experience with these?
I've heard of them. They sell them at Kragen Auto Parts also. Each week I see them in the Sunday newspaper flyer. They also sell reciprocating saws, drill presses, and other tools. I'm not sure about their quality though.

Ray Johnson
11-13-2003, 1:03 PM
Thanks for the replys.

The instruction kind of made me think not to keep the charger plugged in. I guess I will just try it and see how it works.

When I am putting something together that uses screws, it is always nice to have 2-3 drills for drilling, countersinking, and putting the screws in.

Richard McComas
11-13-2003, 2:46 PM

Never ever heard of that brand. At that price I would suspect it's a very light duty homeowner duty drill for doing light occasional repair jobs.

I tend to believe in "if it's to good to be true" and "you get what you pay for". But who knows.

Post back after you have used it a while.

Rich