PDA

View Full Version : Neat Nic

Pete Jordan
12-22-2006, 8:38 PM
Large file

For those thinkin about moving your lathe to the living room, this might be the way to go.http://www.trahantering.se/trahandteringen/sunday-video.htm

I don't know if you can order or make this before Christmas but it sure would make the holidays more fun. I also can't figure out the euro conversion.

This might be useful for those of you that have reactions to dust or certain woods.

Jim Becker
12-22-2006, 8:52 PM
Certainly is impressive results. There was a similar gouge available here in north America, but I believe folks had a lot of problems with clogging.

Paul Engle
12-22-2006, 9:21 PM
Nice video Pete. Thanks for sharing. If any one tries it I'd sure like to know how it well it works.

Robert McGowen
12-22-2006, 9:49 PM
Pretty impressive idea. I think the Mrs. would like it more than me since she does the laundry. :D

Andy Hoyt
12-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Guy was taking awfully light cuts. Where's the fun in that?

Dick Strauss
12-23-2006, 2:30 AM
Neat tool but price is pretty steep...150 Euros is close to $200 US...ouch!!! Besides, my shop vac would fill up before I finished one bowl.

Jack Riley
12-23-2006, 7:19 AM
I didn't see him wear eye protection in one single vid or pic! Poor safety practice doesn't help sell products. That vac system won't prevent an exploding bowl from impacting him right between the running lights! He has a habit of putting his hand on a piece where it could be pulled into the rest. I'm sorry but, poor safety practices distract from the results of his turnings, IMHO!
Jack

Bruce Smith
12-23-2006, 8:18 AM
Does anyone know if there is a dealer on this side of the globe for these gouges. I wouldn't mind trying one if it didn't put me in the poor house.
Seasons Greetings to all.
Bruce in Saint John, N.B. Canada (no snow in sight for Christmas)

Robert E Lee
12-23-2006, 9:08 AM
Pennstate #LCVAC made in the US of A.
Bob

Kurt Rosenzweig
12-23-2006, 10:44 AM
That looks cool! Makes a lot of sense. Round tools for round work. Wonder if it would cut down on catches?:D Won't have to sharpen as often also. When you get a dull edge all you have to do is rotate the tool a bit.