PDA

View Full Version : Walnut Finials

Lyle H. Fall
12-22-2006, 7:44 PM
Hello does any one know where I might get a couple of walnut finials for a project clock I am working on I don't have a lathe so I need to buy them I can not find any smaller ones found some large one but to big need them about 3 1/2" long 1 1/2" dia.Thanks

Ken Fitzgerald
12-22-2006, 8:16 PM
Lyle...........Welcome to the Creek!

I'm sure some of our members will jump in and you can get someone to turn them for you.

I'm turning some bubinga knobs for another Creeker.

Again....Welcome!

Andy Hoyt
12-22-2006, 8:35 PM
Greetings, Lyle.

Let us know where you're located, because with all the folks in here it's likely that there's help quite close at hand.

Would also help if you could post a picture or concept drawing of what you have in mind.

Lyle H. Fall
12-22-2006, 9:21 PM
Hello I am near Davison Mi here is a picture of one I would hope this shows up Thank You

Bob Way
12-23-2006, 8:56 AM
Hi Lyle,
Another Michigan guy here. The Michigan Association of Woodturners meets in Holly, and the members come from quite a radius around there. Chances are there may be a few in your area. The president of the club lives in Fenton, a bit south of you. He might be able to help out with a name or two. You can get his contact info at the AAW site. If that doesn't work out for you, let me know.