PDA

View Full Version : I have to get on my knees and beg tonight

Alex Berkovsky
12-22-2006, 2:16 PM
It seems that once in a while we read a thread (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=47419) about someone buying a new toy and get jealous. Jim Becker goes on posting links to Grizzly's G0513X bandsaw. Before you know it, your current bandsaw (http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/jarhead8286/Woodworking/5.jpg) feels inadequate. :o You start doing some research and find out that the $100 discount code from Wood magazine has not expired yet; the discount brings the price of the bandsaw down to $795 plus $90 freight.
I was about to click the order button, but remembered that LOML has not approved the purchase. :eek: I hate begging! :D

Tyler Howell
12-22-2006, 2:22 PM
Oh is that what you were begging for:rolleyes: :D :D .
Was going to say that's TMI
Too Much Information.
Good Luck

Doug Shepard
12-22-2006, 2:28 PM
... Jim Becker goes on posting links to Grizzly's G0513X bandsaw. Before you know it, your current bandsaw (http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/jarhead8286/Woodworking/5.jpg) feels inadequate. :o ...

Sounds like a case of Greenus Envy.:D

Alex Berkovsky
12-22-2006, 2:29 PM
Oh is that what you were begging for:rolleyes: :D :D .
Was going to say that's TMI
Too Much Information.
Good LuckTyler,
Get your mind out of the gutter! :D

Rob Diz
12-22-2006, 2:42 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I have been struggling with the same thing. Only thing is SWMBO has given me the green light on the G0513x, I'm just trying to wait on a used 20 inch BS, that just has not shown up yet.

John Shuk
12-22-2006, 3:02 PM
Permission can be alot harder to get than forgiveness.

Jim Becker
12-22-2006, 3:17 PM
Sorry to cause you pain, Alex...I always "mean well" when I post links to goodies for consideration... LOL!

Al Willits
12-22-2006, 3:20 PM
Also remember that according to Garage logic, anything that's been in the garage for over 60 days, and not discovered by swmbo, has been there forever..

pssst...throw a bit of dust on it, hide it in the corner and act suppried when she finds it....Oh..that little thing dear, its been there forever, look at all the dust on it too...

Might keep the beatings from being to severe.

Al...who's kinda got to enjoy them beatings....:D

Jim Becker
12-22-2006, 3:21 PM
Al that method also requires a dusty mattress to be available in the garage, err...shop...

Alex Berkovsky
12-22-2006, 3:24 PM
Also remember that according to Garage logic, anything that's been in the garage for over 60 days, and not discovered by swmbo, has been there forever...I like your logic, Al. The problem is that the deliveries are made before I get home from work :(

Nancy Laird
12-22-2006, 3:25 PM
Also remember that according to Garage logic, anything that's been in the garage for over 60 days, and not discovered by swmbo, has been there forever..

pssst...throw a bit of dust on it, hide it in the corner and act suppried when she finds it....Oh..that little thing dear, its been there forever, look at all the dust on it too...

Might keep the beatings from being to severe.

Al...who's kinda got to enjoy them beatings....:D

Hey, I use that logic for new clothes...hide them in the closet for a week or so.

LOML: "Hey is that a new outfit? I've not seen that before. When did you get that? How much did it cost?"

ME: "Oh I've had this forever. It wasn't expensive. I just haven't worn it before."

Al, you might check her closet. :D :D

Keith Starosta
12-22-2006, 3:49 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!! Well played...... :D

- Keith

James Carmichael
12-22-2006, 5:27 PM
Permission can be alot harder to get than forgiveness.

I can assure you, wherever that saying originated, it was not from a married man.

Alex Berkovsky
12-22-2006, 7:53 PM
I waited until after dinner and for LOML to finish a glass of wine to ask for "permission" to buy the bandsaw. She said: "I can't say no if that's what you want". :D As soon as she finished her sentence, I was dialing Grizzly's number. Now I have to find a buyer for my 14" "souped up" HF BS.

Jim Becker
12-22-2006, 7:58 PM
LOL! That's the holiday spirit!! Congratulations, Alex. And it sounds like an extra kiss is due to the LOYL...

Jake Helmboldt
12-22-2006, 9:44 PM
I can't find anything about a discount. What discount? Is it good for a jointer? I need a jointer. I want a jointer. I want $100 off my jointer.

Jake

Ken Fitzgerald
12-22-2006, 9:50 PM
Al..........Sunday night the LOML and I celebrate our 38th anniversary. I have calluses on my knees....I can grovel with the best of them.....Am I going to complain .....No.....She's just across the room and she might see this post....Congrats.....on the wife and the new tool!

Alfred Clem
12-22-2006, 10:22 PM
About to "celebrate" our 54th wedding anniversary. So, for what it's worth, here's my viewpoint: go ahead -- you're worth it.

Al of Sedona

Alex Berkovsky
12-22-2006, 10:31 PM
I can't find anything about a discount. What discount? Is it good for a jointer? I need a jointer. I want a jointer. I want $100 off my jointer.Jake,
Check the inside cover of Wood magazine Dec/Jan 2006/2007. The discount code is WOODMO612 which expires on Dec 31st.

Don Bullock
12-23-2006, 10:13 AM
How much wine did she have?;) Congratulations. I've only been here a short time and have already noticed Jim isn't the only one around her that points out good deals that are hard to pass up. Thanks to you all, my shop equipment and supplies are growing much quicker than I anticipated.:eek: I'm having a blast.

Todd Tolhurst
12-23-2006, 10:22 AM

Now, now... it comes in white, too...

http://www.toddtolhurst.com/photos/shop/slides/100_0257.JPG

Alex Berkovsky
12-23-2006, 5:07 PM
What length blades does G0513X use and which ones should I buy?

I guess I should have checked Grizzly's web site before asking... Blade size: 131 1/2" long

Robert Mickley
12-23-2006, 10:07 PM
I can assure you, wherever that saying originated, it was not from a married man.

I do it all the time. :D Better yet, I've been know to use HER bank card to do it. Now thats brave

Aaron Frank
12-26-2006, 2:52 PM
I got the go ahead from the Missus, so the 513X is ordered and on its way!!:D

Woo Hoo!

Now to make room in our overstuffed basement, I mean shop.:confused:

Merry Christmas all, and a Happy New Year!