PDA

View Full Version : Last minute turnings

Bobby McCarley
12-22-2006, 1:37 PM
These are a couple of last minute turnings before Christmas. The bottle ornament is for my new grandson that was born in June. It was turned from scyamore. I seen one on another site and thought they were cute. I hope they don't mind me borrowing the idea.

The seam rippers are for a friend of mine whose daughter is in a quilting group and she has been selling them like hot cakes to the ladies. They are made out of dymondwood.

Bobby

Brad Kimbrell
12-22-2006, 1:43 PM
That's using your noodle making those out of such colorful wood - the ladies just have to love 'em!

Nice job on baby's first ornament as well!

John Hart
12-22-2006, 1:45 PM
Too Cool!!! Where'd you get the seam rippers? Just the regular ones at the store? Man, I love that idea.

You're ornament just reminded me of the ornament that Glenn Beck is selling. Not quite as touching as yours though.

Bruce Shiverdecker
12-22-2006, 2:03 PM
Neet lookin' stuff, Bobby!

Bruce

Bernie Weishapl
12-22-2006, 2:10 PM
Mighty fine looking stuff Bobby. Nice work.

Christopher K. Hartley
12-22-2006, 2:21 PM
Cool stuff! I really like that ornament idea!:)

Steve Schlumpf
12-22-2006, 2:27 PM
Really nice work Bobby! I like the various colors in the wood you are using for the seam rippers. Great idea for the ornament! Have to ask how you got your lettering so perfect? Everything looks great!

Robert McGowen
12-22-2006, 2:31 PM
Every time I think I have seen it all, a new idea jumps up. Great job and a cool choice of material for the turnings.

Keith Burns
12-22-2006, 2:46 PM
Bobby, excellent work ! I like the seam ripper's but the ornament is really special:) :)

Bobby McCarley
12-22-2006, 3:00 PM
Thanks for the comments fellows, I appreciate them. The lettering on the ornament was done with a laser. I was going to put the baby's picture on the ornament also but the place where I get the lasering done was not confortable trying that. They are a trophy business and don't usually do this type of work.

The seam rippers were given to me by my friends daughter. I started out buying the ones at Wal-Mart, but she can get them from a supplier for the quilting group a lot cheaper. I just pull the metal tip out and insert it into a hole in the end of the turned dymondwood.

Bobby

Darren Landis
12-22-2006, 7:05 PM
Really nice job i like the bottle ornament something different.

Paul Engle
12-22-2006, 8:21 PM
Nice shot John :eek: ....but I like the one Bobby posted.... My 2nd grandson is due in march neat idea Bobby !!!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-22-2006, 8:28 PM
That'll be a family heirloom! I hope you autographed and dated it Bobby!