PDA

View Full Version : Where Has Dave Anderson Gone?

Carl Eyman
11-12-2003, 8:00 AM
You'd think he'd take time out from his hardwood floor laying to give us a progress report. Then again maybe the job has him down. Could we say it floored him? Poor Dave I knew him well. (I'm talking about the east coast version of Dave, of course.)

Ken Salisbury
11-12-2003, 8:08 AM
You'd think he'd take time out from his hardwood floor laying to give us a progress report. Then again maybe the job has him doen. Could we say it floored him? Poor Dave I knew him well. (I'm talking about the east coast version of Dave, of course.)

If you are talking about Dave Anderson- NH I can tell ya he is on a plane this morning headed for Birmingham, AL.

He is scheduled to visit the Old Rebel Workshop late this afternoon when his business in Gadsden, AL is finished -- I will tell him you were inquiring.

Carl Eyman
11-12-2003, 11:31 AM
If you are talking about Dave Anderson- NH I can tell ya he is on a plane this morning headed for Birmingham, AL.

He is scheduled to visit the Old Rebel Workshop late this afternoon when his business in Gadsden, AL is finished -- I will tell him you were inquiring.
Yeah, I guess we're talking about the same guy. But the fact you say hes doing business, i.e., working makes me doubt it a little bit. Say hi to him. Do you think you can cure him of his Neanderthal ways?

Roger Myers
11-12-2003, 12:34 PM
Yes indeed, that would be the same Dave Anderson! I talked to Dave last night and his hardwood floors are completed and he survived and is on his way south where he did mention he was stopping by to see Ken (not sure if he will survive that :) )

As to curing his neander ways, well, as a fellow neander I hate to admit it, but I know for a fact he didn't use a Disston to cut all that hardwood flooring :D

Ken - go easy on Dave, Sue still has a lot of work lined up for him!!

Roger

Dave Anderson NH
11-13-2003, 5:30 PM
I am indeed still alive. The hardwood flooring for the first floor of the house is completed and based on Sue's reaction I have enuf brownie points to keep me happy for a VERY VERY long time. The down side of this is that the funds for tool acquisition are depleted due to the purchase of the flooring. The up side is that when the treasury recovers from the flooring, new interior trim, and Sue's redecorating with area rugs etc I can forsee some nice new tool purchases in the distance.

As Roger and Ken noted I had a business trip to Gadsen AL from which I just returned. I got to spend almost all of last evening at Ken Salisbury's home and shop. My only complaint is the standard one for all of these types of trips-- NOT ENUF TIME. Ken and I had a great time and he was a most enjoyable host. It was hard to tear myself away form his hospitality and great stories, but unfortunately I faced an hour and a half drive back to my motel and things did end. Based on the business results of this trip I expect I will have the opportunity to get together with Ken again sometime in the next few months. :D

Carl Eyman
11-13-2003, 8:17 PM
These business trips don't keep you away from Williamsnburg in January I guess they are ok. An evening with Ken must compare favorably with time with Mac Headley & Co. Carl

Dave Anderson NH
11-13-2003, 8:59 PM
The comparison is quite favorable though the flavor is very different. I will be at Williamsburg for the first session in January. It has become an annual pilgrimage for me and there's no way I'd miss it. Ken was a most gracious host and I look forward to our next meeting.