PDA

View Full Version : Last tool of the year

Jay Brewer
12-21-2006, 7:34 PM
Hi everyone, I finally got my new shaper set up a couple of weeks ago, thought I would post some pics. This replaces a 2 hp Shop Fox shaper I had, that served me well, just out grew it with all the doors I have been building lately. Only thing left to buy is a couple extra spindles to keep my panel raiser, rail and stile cutters mounted on, the spindles change in about 30 seconds

I ordered the machine with 5 h.p. variable speed, power raise and lower, and high speed router spindle, thanks for looking.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-21-2006, 7:35 PM
Now that is a TOOL! Congrats Jay!

Charles McKinley
12-21-2006, 7:45 PM
Hi Jay,

How many doors a year do you have to build to have a reasonable return on investment?

I hope it serves you well for many years.

Jay Brewer
12-21-2006, 8:07 PM
Hi Jay,

How many doors a year do you have to build to have a reasonable return on investment?

I hope it serves you well for many years.

Hi Charles, I have built about 150 doors this year (part time ) , I have thought about outsourcing the doors and still might do that in the future. I build alot of large panels too, Wall Oven and Island panels, that would be to expensive to ship. I havent looked at ROI, I would probably get sick to my stomach if I did, thanks

Jim Becker
12-21-2006, 8:08 PM
That's a real beauty, Jay! Congratulations...that should kick your doors up a notch!

glenn bradley
12-21-2006, 8:32 PM
I don't have near the skills or the output to qualify for one of those but it is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Don Bullock
12-21-2006, 9:09 PM
I don't have near the skills or the output to qualify for one of those but it is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

WOW!!! I agree. What a machine. Somehow I don't I'd be able to slip one of those past my wife.;) :D

John Miliunas
12-21-2006, 9:34 PM
Hmmmm...Yeah, I guess that's a little nicer than my current router table. :o :rolleyes: Wowza! What a machine! :D Use it in good health, Jay. Beautiful! :) :cool:

Mitchell Andrus
12-21-2006, 9:47 PM
Line forms at the rear, fellas. No shoving, no shoving!!!

Paul Kinneberg
12-21-2006, 9:51 PM
What a way to end the YEAR!!!! Great Gloat

Roy Wall
12-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Jay -

Now that is certainly a show stopper!!! Beautiful tool! Based on the number of ways you will use it......you needed such a beast!

You only cry once.........

Congrats and well deserved:cool:

Todd Solomon
12-22-2006, 12:37 AM
That's the Arnold of shapers, my friend! Good that your table saw also sings in Austrian, they can make music together. Congrats, Jay.

Todd