PDA

View Full Version : Christmas bells

Russ Reaney
12-21-2006, 2:22 PM
I have a order to engrave glass Christmas bells, I need to do a gold inlay in the glass, I thought I would mask, then laser glass bell, sand blast them but to get the engraving to Stand out once on the Christmas tree is my dilemma.
What to use that will stay in the class? Any ideas? Thanks in advance :confused:

Bob Tate
12-21-2006, 2:56 PM
Rub N Buff, many colors available. Gold is not real brilliant. You can get the stuff at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, probably lots of other Craft places.

Nancy Laird
12-21-2006, 3:29 PM
....but to get the engraving to Stand out once on the Christmas tree is my dilemma.
What to use that will stay in the class? Any ideas? Thanks in advance :confused:

Russ, if you hang the pieces on the tree near a light, you won't need anything rubbed into the engraving. The light will make those bells sparkle. So unless you or your LOYL insists, why don't you consider just leaving them plain? Just a thought.

Nancy

Russ Reaney
12-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Just wanted to say Thank you to Bob Tate and Nancy Laird, I tried both of your post and had great results, the glass bells really do sparkle when the light hits them, and the Gold Rub N Buff inlay looked great.
The customer liked them so much they took both
Thanks again, I look forward to reading post and helping with my own ideas.

Nancy Laird
12-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Glad I could help, Russ. But....no pics??

Nancy

Russ Reaney
12-30-2006, 9:44 PM
Glad I could help, Russ. But....no pics??

Nancy

Nancy:
I haven't forgotten about pictures, I got a new camera for christmas
and I am still learning to hit what I shoot with it.
But photos real soon.

Russ Reaney
01-15-2007, 9:02 AM

Sorry that this took so long to post but here it is.
I hope that this works, I tried to get the best shot for the most detail
The photo is of a 1970 Plymouth Super Bird, It has a flame paint job on the hood and a Roadrunner holding a racing helmet on the headlight cover on the driver side of car, to hold glass bell in your hand you can see more detail.
Russ