PDA

View Full Version : Supposed gloat..........

Ken Fitzgerald
12-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Don't have time for a photo.....But Monday I ordered the 5 piece Pinnacle mini turning set from Woodcraft in Spokane. They arrived yesterday via US Postal Service. Looks like a nice set ....they warn you they need sharpening.....and boy do they! Back to work today ...won't have time to use them this year.

Frank Kobilsek
12-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Ken,

I have that set and have been impresses with how well they hold an edge. When I started turning I used a set of old carbon Shopsmith tools I borrowed from Dad's shop. I collected other tools, bowl gouges etc. When I realized I had assembled a pretty good collection but now lacked the basics I bought that set to send Dad's old tools home to him.

I do not like the handles on the Pinnacle tools too big in diameter and too light weight in feel. One of these days I will make new handles for those.

Enjoy and looking forward to your visit. To the others yep we'll take pictures of this long distance Creeker visit.

Frank

David Fried
12-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Don't have time for a photo.....

Ken,

Sorry your new tools didn't arrive but I'm sure they will appear next year! have a great visit.

Keith Burns
12-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Ken, I have always thought of you as an honest and honerable man, but that doesn't matter in this case ! You know the rules no pics it didn't happen:D

On your visit with Frank, you will find him to be a great guy ! Can't wait to see the pics and hear the report. YOU WILL REMEMBER TO TAKE PICS, WON'T YOU ????

Ken Fitzgerald
12-21-2006, 1:29 PM
Ken,
Enjoy and looking forward to your visit. To the others yep we'll take pictures of this long distance Creeker visit.

Frank

Keith,

I'm extremely camera shy but .....see Franks reply above.........