PDA

View Full Version : Thank you from the Freedom Pens Project

Jackie Outten
12-20-2006, 8:25 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know how much Keith and I appreciate the support we have received for the Freedom Pens Project this year. The pens that we have received for the troops have been beautiful. I am sure these pens will hold a special place in the hearts of our servicemen and women overseas.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank some people who have gone beyond the call of duty this year. Ruthe Ingram and the Orange County Woodworkers have turned over 2200 pens. Ruthe is one of our biggest contributors and cheerleaders for the project and her group is dedicated to making beautiful pens for our soldiers. I would also like to thank Joe and Irmalene Kelly who worked tirelessly to help find contributions and pen blanks for the project. We couldn't have done it without you two. Thanks for all the phone calls of support and for being such good friends. To the Hunt County Woodturners of Texas for their annual turnathon at their fair which always brings in so many pens. You guys and gals from Texas really know how to do things in a big way. Thanks to Dino for donating a portions of his sales to Freedom Pens. He has been a supporter of this project from day one. Also a special thanks to all the schools, woodworking and woodturning clubs and individuals who were involved with the project this year. You really did make a difference.

Finally a special "thank you" to Rockler and Woodcraft for their unwavering support of the Freedom Pens Project by sponsoring turn-a-thons throughout the year. We truly appreciate everything you have done to help the project.

As we go into the new year (2007) please continue to support the Freedom Pens Project. This is a wonderful way for us to show our support to our troops for their service to our country.

God Bless you all and have a wonderful Holiday season.

Jackie