PDA

View Full Version : Christmas is done

Scott Donley
12-20-2006, 5:31 PM
I am done ! The NE BUCKET started out as 10X10 ended up as 7X6 1/2. A catch here, a catch there, You just ever want to get something off the lathe before you screw it up more :mad: The pens and letter openers are both Cocobolo. I now have two extra barrels that you can see the tubes through the wood. And we call this FUN :p

Ken Fitzgerald
12-20-2006, 5:35 PM
Nicley done Scott! I need to try some pens other than Slimlines. But the slimlines were great for first and Christmas production of 30 for family and friends this year.

On the other note.....if it didn't take a little skill and luck...it wouldn't be fun.....you're not the only one with extra parts.....luckily you can often buy extra brass tubes...DAMHIKT

Scott Donley
12-20-2006, 5:38 PM
On the other note.....if it didn't take a little skill and luck...it wouldn't be fun.....you're not the only one with extra parts.....luckily you can often buy extra brass tubes...DAMHIKTThanks Ken, I needed that, now if they only sold Moxie here :D

Ken Fitzgerald
12-20-2006, 5:41 PM
Rumor has it Hoyt is buying the Moxie concession permits for all 50 states.;)

Scott Donley
12-20-2006, 5:46 PM
Rumor has it Hoyt is buying the Moxie concession permits for all 50 states.;)You mean there is still some left :D

Andy Hoyt
12-20-2006, 5:48 PM
Uuuurrrrpppp.

Some. But not much.:D

Ernie Nyvall
12-20-2006, 7:21 PM
Way to go Scott. Nice job.

Christopher K. Hartley
12-20-2006, 8:20 PM
Scott, nice work on all of it! I really am interested in the bucket. I have a nice blank of oak that would look a bit like yours if I manage to get it right. What did you hollow it with? Seems a little deep for just a bowl gouge. NE's tend to make me a bit nervous.:eek: You know, busted knuckles.:eek:

Steve Schlumpf
12-20-2006, 8:26 PM
Scott - really nice work! I have to claim ignorance here - what kind of wood is the bucket made out of? I really like it's figure and color!

Scott Donley
12-20-2006, 9:41 PM
Thanks,
Chris, I used a 1/2 and 3/4 bowl gouge, finished with a round nose scraper. I really need a different tool rest I think it would have been a bit easier, and yes, one of those catches happened to be the side of my hand :(
Steve the wood is Maple, sanded to 400 finished with min-wax poly.