PDA

View Full Version : Weather station parts?

Travis Hirst
12-20-2006, 2:46 PM
I was just given a really nice piece of wood that would make a great weather station. I have never looked into these parts so I am wondering if anyone here has an idea as to where to get them. I would be looking for temp, barometer, hygrometer, and possibly a matching clock. Also anyone with pictures of finished product that would be great as well.

Travis

Kyle Kraft
12-20-2006, 2:57 PM
Check Lee Valley.

Jack Ferrell
12-20-2006, 3:00 PM
Travis, you probably can get those from Rockler, Packard, Woodcraft and other places like those. Klockit has them for sure, try here http://www.klockit.com/

Karl Laustrup
12-20-2006, 4:56 PM
Had to dig around a bit for the pic, but finally found it. This is from 2003. Made from cherry. Got the instruments at WoodCraft.

Karl

Travis Hirst
12-20-2006, 5:56 PM
Thanks for the replies and the info. Just ordered from rockler so I'll get pics up when I git-r-done. It's a natural piece of wood that happens to have a flat bottom so it should look really cool. Thanks again.

Travis

Jeff Heil
12-20-2006, 7:22 PM
KlockKit has weather station parts as well.

Homer Faucett
12-20-2006, 7:28 PM
FYI, in my experience, analog hygrometers are notoriously inaccurate. Multi-function digital hygrometer/min-max thermometer/clocks with both a local and remote sensor are available from multiple locations for relatively cheap.

Wal-mart and Lowe's both sell the digital types for about $15-$25. They may not suit your aesthetic needs if you are looking for the all-brass variety, but they are infinitely more usable IMHO.