PDA

View Full Version : New Jet Mini VS best price?

Ted Okolichany
11-11-2003, 8:01 PM
My woodturning club voted today to buy the new Jet Mini VS to be used by the club for teaching and demos.

Was wondering if there is a Jet dealer out there that would cut us a price break off the list which is abot $300.00.

Let me know if you know where a good price could be had.

Thanks,

Ted Okolichany
President Western Carolina Woodturners
AAW Chapter 204 :confused:

Bud Duffy
11-11-2003, 8:07 PM
Rick Warren at G I S has them for 289 he may give you a break on shipping i dont know you can call and ask 1-800-371-2220, hope im not breakin the rules giving you the number.If i am i am sorry just tryin to help.no afilliation or profit to me in any way.

Ted Okolichany
11-12-2003, 9:47 AM
Rick Warren at G I S has them for 289 he may give you a break on shipping i dont know you can call and ask 1-800-371-2220, hope im not breakin the rules giving you the number.If i am i am sorry just tryin to help.no afilliation or profit to me in any way.

Rick,

Thanks. I'll put them on my shopping list.

Ted

Steve Nelson
11-12-2003, 4:43 PM
My woodturning club voted today to buy the new Jet Mini VS to be used by the club for teaching and demos.

Was wondering if there is a Jet dealer out there that would cut us a price break off the list which is abot $300.00.

Thanks,

Ted Okolichany
Hey Ted, Rockler has it on sale for 199.00

Jason Roehl
11-12-2003, 5:24 PM

Thanks,

Ted Okolichany

I second the motion for a purchase made from GIS. However, if you dig a little deeper, you will find that they have Scratch and Dent models for sale for even a little less. GIS even pulls them out and tests them before shipping them. The only drawback is that you get a much shorter warranty.

I bought my 1236 this way, and even though I had to drive 45 min to pick it up at a trucking terminal, it came out to be much cheaper, and I am totally satisfied. The only S&D I could find was that the corners on a couple of the JET stickers were a little rough. BIG DEAL.

Ted Okolichany
11-13-2003, 8:21 PM
Ordered the new Jet Mini VS today from General Supply. Good price!

Thanks for yoyr responses. :D

Ted :) :D