PDA

View Full Version : router table

David Klug
11-11-2003, 11:14 AM
I have a Craftsman ts with a Vega fence mounted on it. I'm thinking about mounting a router table on the end of it. What I'm wondering about is the feasability of mounting some wood on the Vega fence and using it for my router fence. Has anyone done this and are you satisfied with the end product? What are the problems that should be anticipated? I would really like to build a separate router table but I just don't have the room to store it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Dave

Paul Kunkel
11-11-2003, 3:34 PM
I have a Craftsman ts with a Vega fence mounted on it. I'm thinking about mounting a router table on the end of it. What I'm wondering about is the feasability of mounting some wood on the Vega fence and using it for my router fence. Has anyone done this and are you satisfied with the end product? What are the problems that should be anticipated? I would really like to build a separate router table but I just don't have the room to store it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Dave
Dave, I don't have a Vega but I use my TS fence on the far rt. of my table(see shop tour). I spaced a wood fence out from the TS fence with blocks so I can stick a vacuum nozzle in for dust collection. i used a 'router raizer' on an old TR12 so it doesn't stick up when not in use. I can post you a pic if you'd like.

David Klug
11-11-2003, 5:38 PM
Dave, I don't have a Vega but I use my TS fence on the far rt. of my table(see shop tour). I spaced a wood fence out from the TS fence with blocks so I can stick a vacuum nozzle in for dust collection. i used a 'router raizer' on an old TR12 so it doesn't stick up when not in use. I can post you a pic if you'd like.

WOW!!! Paul, what a shop you have!!!!!!!! Do you do production work? I could see the fence on the saw and the board you used for a fence for the router, but I'm not sure how you fastened it to your tablesaw fence. Could you tell me how you did that? The table that you have around your saw looks it's about 1/2 the size of my shop. That is really something. Thanks for putting up the tour. You did a really nice job.

Dave

Tyler Howell
11-12-2003, 9:34 AM
Paul,

I'm sure more of us would like to see your shop too. There was no link or web site on my listing to check it out.

Thanks for sharing.

Tyler

Jim Becker
11-12-2003, 9:42 AM
I'm sure more of us would like to see your shop too. There was no link or web site on my listing to check it out.

Click on the "WWW" button at the bottom of his post to go to Paul's pictures site. There are a bunch of shop pictures there for you to view.

Tyler Howell
11-12-2003, 7:13 PM
Thanks Jim,
What a treat. Your always there to bail the newbees out.

Tyler