PDA

View Full Version : Got a good call today

Robert Mickley
12-19-2006, 7:35 PM
I was hauling in some junk today, stopped to check the load and the cell phone rings. It's some guy who got one of my business cards 3 years ago!

Asks me if I can build him a table, I said sure, no problem. How big I asked him. oh about 42 x 120, and I want to be able to add leafs to it :eek: :eek:

He's suppose to be emailing me pics and dimensions as soon as he gets his computer back up. On a brighter note he wants simple lines. It's for his cottage. All ready sold him on square tapered legs. Wants it made out of cherry, one of my more favorite woods.

Now I just have to find hardware, come up with a plan, and that all dreaded thing I always hate to figure out, the price :rolleyes: I hope this flys.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-19-2006, 7:44 PM
Congrats Robert! Keep us posted with photos as it progresses so we can all learn!

Gary Herrmann
12-19-2006, 9:07 PM
42x120 table with leaves... For a cottage...

Clearly, my definition of cottage is defined by my finances.

Congrats Robert.

Brett Baldwin
12-19-2006, 9:13 PM
Those little surprises from the past are nice. Like finding a $20 in your winter coat, only better in your case.

Charles McKinley
12-19-2006, 9:36 PM
Great news Bob!

Cherry is not cheap even if you milled it yourself. If he wants a table this size I persume he is prepared for a similar sized bill. I posted a link a while ago to a place out east that makes tables this size. maybe you could call them and get some ball park numbers. I found them selling stuff on ebay.

John Hart
12-19-2006, 9:46 PM
Yep...anyone who asks for a giant cherry table has to be expecting a price tag. Congratulations Mr. Mickley!!!

Hey....what's the vendor for your power sander accessories? I have to buy that stuff yet, and I lost all the info. :o ;)

Robert Mickley
12-19-2006, 11:02 PM
So Chuck where did you post the link? I found one that had amish made tables but none of them had a base size this big. I was looking at $2200
for a big one.

John
I'm trying to figure out how to build it in my small shop, thats going to be a problem

Brett
I found a50 in my field jacket when I was teen,, needless to say I missed school that day :D

Charles McKinley
12-19-2006, 11:16 PM
WWW.TREESPIRITTABLES.COM

is the site. Also look at feal bay # 300059779353. It looks like a production import piece and it is $2K. If you are going to have add in leaves I would charge more or is the size you posted the size with the leaves?

Robert Mickley
12-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks chuck, thats the closed size before the leaves go in

Dennis Peacock
12-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Way to go Robert!!!! Congrats.!!! Now ya just gotta figure out how to build that beast. :D

Barry Stratton
12-20-2006, 1:56 AM
Excellent news! A slightly early Christmas present.

John
I'm trying to figure out how to build it in my small shop, thats going to be a problem:D

don't you have a REALLY big, empty shop close by Mr. Hart??