PDA

View Full Version : I should have all this shop time...

Gary Herrmann
12-19-2006, 7:16 PM
My current client kicks the IT consultants out after 12/15 since thats the code freeze date.

I've gotten some nice fruit wood blanks, have some pen blanks to work on. I'm supposed to be making LOML a yellow heart and bloodwood box. I need to make several jigs.

What do I spend my time doing? Changing out bathroom fixtures and painting. I might get some shop time tomorrow morning waiting for the gas guy to come install some sort of remote reading sensor (actually kinda interested in seeing that). SWMBO has told me that if I'm in the shop "running a loud machine and miss the doorbell, we'll have to reschedule".

Hmm. The lathe isn't that loud...

If I don't steal some shop time before she gets off work (starting Thursday till 1/2, I'm gonna be working on the house the whole time I'm off.

For those of us that have basement or garage shops, we need some sort of co-op so we can get out of the dang house. ARGH.

John Hemenway
12-19-2006, 7:36 PM
Dude, one word for you...

WOODCRAFT!

Use it as in, " Honey, I'll be right back, gotta make a quick trip to WoodCraft for some supplies..."

:)

Guy Germaine
12-20-2006, 7:27 AM
You won't be too impressed with the remote sensor thing. I've had one for a year or so. If it's like mine, It's just a module that sits on top of the LP tank. Then there's a module that gets plugged into an inside electrical outlet and a phone line. It will take the guy longer to get there than it will to install it. Even if he lives across the street! :rolleyes: