PDA

View Full Version : Stihl Gloat

Christopher K. Hartley
12-19-2006, 5:21 PM
Well the Poulan finally gave up the ghost.:eek: Now, it served it's purpose and I have no complaints about it's performance. This $99.00 saw had a pretty heavy work-out. But, without doing a rebuild it will probably lie in scrap. It needs a few things including a piston ring so I may not get to it for a while. Now the guy at the local Stihl store made me a deal I couldn't refuse and what a dream. Now I know what you guys mean about these bad boys!! It's a MS260 Pro with a 20" bar. The LOML said go for it and she gets a big Hug and an expedited "Honey Do list" for this one.:D :D

Dennis Peacock
12-19-2006, 5:37 PM
Woooooo-Weeeeee!!!!! That's a NICE saw you got there Chris!!!!!! :D

I have the MS361 Pro and all I have to say is...hang on when you pull the trigger. :cool:

Congrats on the new chainsaw!!! :D

Frank Kobilsek
12-19-2006, 5:39 PM
Christopher

There is no more beautiful moment in a womans life than the moment right after she utters the words 'Honey go buy yourself a Stihl'. I remember the day (July 3, 2002) I heard those words and saw true beauty.

Congrats, You'll like it.

Frank

Ken Fitzgerald
12-19-2006, 5:39 PM
A lot of loggers out here swear by Stihl and Husky's! It should serve you well.

John Shuk
12-19-2006, 5:41 PM
You are gonna love that saw.
Keep it sharp and happy wood hunting.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-19-2006, 5:41 PM
Christopher

There is no more beautiful moment in a womans life than the moment right after she utters the words 'Honey go buy yourself a Stihl'. I remember the day (July 3, 2002) I heard those words and saw true beauty.

Congrats, You'll like it.

Frank

Frank.........I would highly recommend that you don't repeat that to your wife while she's reaching for a frying pan!

BTW........I talked with my wife....Friday Dec.29 would probably work out best for me. Will you be available for a Creeker visit then?

Tyler Howell
12-19-2006, 5:42 PM
Love My Bad boy
Great machine.
Congrats

Jim Becker
12-19-2006, 5:49 PM
Yum! Good choice!!

Pat Doble
12-19-2006, 11:01 PM
I love my MS270C. Great saw - no problems. This reminds me - I've got some chain sharpening to do...
Enjoy your new Stihl.

Christopher K. Hartley
12-20-2006, 6:49 AM
Thanks guys, next time I go out with Ernie we'll have matching colors.:D

Ernie Nyvall
12-20-2006, 5:57 PM
Thanks guys, next time I go out with Ernie we'll have matching colors.:D

Yes, and now we'll have to coordinate what we will wear.:eek:

Great choice Chris. Congrats. I now have my eyes on a 5' diameter mesquite tree west of Waco. A guy told me I could have it a couple of years ago. With that size though, if it doesn't have wind shake (unlikely), it might be worth renting a portable sawmill for the first 10' of trunk. The limbs on that thing are supposed to be big enough to max out my PM. With the way those things grow, it's bound to have 20-30 good crotches in it.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-20-2006, 6:12 PM
With the way those things grow, it's bound to have 20-30 good crotches in it.

A gloat is acceptable Ernie.......Bragging ain't!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Christopher K. Hartley
12-20-2006, 8:05 PM
Yes, and now we'll have to coordinate what we will wear.:eek:

Great choice Chris. Congrats. I now have my eyes on a 5' diameter mesquite tree west of Waco. A guy told me I could have it a couple of years ago. With that size though, if it doesn't have wind shake (unlikely), it might be worth renting a portable sawmill for the first 10' of trunk. The limbs on that thing are supposed to be big enough to max out my PM. With the way those things grow, it's bound to have 20-30 good crotches in it.I'm game anytime you are ready. Sounds like the Orange and White "Bad Boys" have their work cut out for them.:eek: :D

Christopher K. Hartley
12-20-2006, 8:07 PM
A gloat is acceptable Ernie.......Bragging ain't!:eek: :rolleyes: :DKen, you don't understand...Bragg'in is Gloat...when ya'll speak Texan!!:cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
12-20-2006, 9:32 PM
Dang! I forgot I was talkin' with Texans...........:rolleyes: :D