PDA

View Full Version : jigsaw puzzle

Seth Gecko
12-19-2006, 11:39 AM
good afternoon,
I have had a request for a jigsaw puzzle, I thought that asking all of you is better than wasting my time on google.

thanks,
Seth,

Tom Cullen
12-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Hi Seth,
I have seen threads in the forum related to this subject and some cdr files as well, you might want to do a search. Besides that , I know if you search the internet there are small and cheap programs out there that let you use any photo to create one and I think there may be plugins for corel to do this as well?

Good luck
Tom

Ed Newbold
12-19-2006, 12:08 PM
good afternoon,
I have had a request for a jigsaw puzzle, I thought that asking all of you is better than wasting my time on google.

thanks,
Seth,There's a free PDF tutorial on how to make them at the Universal Laser web site:
www.ulsinc.com/english/laser_applications/App_Tips/Puzzle/Puzzle.html (http://www.ulsinc.com/english/laser_applications/App_Tips/Puzzle/Puzzle.html)

Hope this doesn't get me in trouble!

Cheers,

Joe Pelonio
12-19-2006, 12:19 PM
I do these on a regular basis for one customer. Unfortunately they are always 12"x18" and 10-13 pieces. If you need more pieces than that I can't help you with files. What I do for them is to have the photo printed on adhesive vinyl, apply to 1/8" acrylic, transfer tape it and cut. Then remove the transfer tape and it's ready to go.

For what it's worth I used the smartdraw tool to do my own designs by hand (mouse). I just extend each edge line slightly beyond the boundry
and magnify to make sure the butt cuts are close enough.

Bob Tate
12-19-2006, 2:48 PM
Joe, since PVC is a no-no in the laser, because of the Vinyl component, do you worry, or have you had any issues lasering Vinyl for the puzzles. I am just wondering. I have stayed away from the Vinyl for fear of corrosion.
I bow to your experience.
Thanks,
Bob

Abdul Baseer Hai
12-19-2006, 2:55 PM
Seth
I am attaching a corel X3 file which contains vector images of different puzzle configurations. feel free to adjust/manipulate to your rewuirement.
the file is big and if you cannot open it, PM me and I will sent itto you

Abdul

Bill Cunningham
12-19-2006, 4:25 PM
Seth
I am attaching a corel X3 file which contains vector images of different puzzle configurations. feel free to adjust/manipulate to your rewuirement.
the file is big and if you cannot open it, PM me and I will sent itto you

Abdul

Abdul; Could you post that file in Corel 12 or less... There are a lot here that have not taken the jump to X3 yet (me:rolleyes:)

Thanks...

Abdul Baseer Hai
12-19-2006, 4:32 PM
Here it is in corel 10

abdul

Abdul Baseer Hai
12-19-2006, 4:35 PM
Bill

Just saw your profile and noticed that you are located in Ontario.
I am in Ottawa. Maybe we can touch bases and complement each other.
where exactly are you

abdul

Joe Pelonio
12-19-2006, 4:35 PM
Joe, since PVC is a no-no in the laser, because of the Vinyl component, do you worry, or have you had any issues lasering Vinyl for the puzzles. I am just wondering. I have stayed away from the Vinyl for fear of corrosion.
I bow to your experience.
Thanks,
Bob
You are right, Bob, and unfortunately I keep forgetting to quit referring to any adhesive backed 3mil or less thick material as "vinyl". One of those signmaker habits. The material I use for that is actually polyester based.

Bill Cunningham
12-19-2006, 5:00 PM
Hi Abdul.. and Thanks for the puzzle file.. I am just south of Barrie in Alcona, We also have 'new laser owner to be' Vicky, who is also just south of Barrie in Stroud..

Seth Gecko
12-20-2006, 8:58 AM
thank you all your information has saved a lot of time!!!!:)