PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice the carvewright at sears???

Robert Mayer
12-19-2006, 8:41 AM
I was at sears yesterday and noticed they had a carvewright machine with sears logos on it! Anyone else seen this?? The tool didnt have any price or information on it. It kinda halfa** thrown in the middle of a rack. I havent seen the carvewright up close but it looked just like it.

Robert Mayer
12-19-2006, 8:45 AM
I just found it on their website.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Bench+Power+Tools&pid=00921754000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Jointers%2C+Planers+%26+Shapers&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Bob Swenson
12-20-2006, 8:48 AM
CarveWright is marketing the machine at Sears

Chris Merriam
12-20-2006, 11:13 AM
I was at sears yesterday and noticed they had a carvewright machine with sears logos on it! Anyone else seen this?? The tool didnt have any price or information on it. It kinda halfa** thrown in the middle of a rack. I havent seen the carvewright up close but it looked just like it.

Wow, your Sears and mine must be managed by the same people! I saw it this past weekend too, and it was placed on an endcap all by itself with no price and no box. Just the machine sitting there.

How does it set a reference to square? What I mean by that is if you insert the wood at an angle, how does it carve correctly?

Noah Katz
12-20-2006, 2:34 PM
Do a search for on ebay "CNC mill" and/or "CNC router" to see other possibilities.

nic obie
12-20-2006, 3:10 PM
How does it set a reference to square? What I mean by that is if you insert the wood at an angle, how does it carve correctly?

It has a stationary fence that you put the wood next to and then slide another movable fence to keep the wood in place as it carves.

Michael Gibbons
12-22-2006, 9:57 AM
Chris, If I remember correctly, I think the price was about $1800.00. Looks like a cool machine. Doesn't look much larger than a 13" planer.

.................Mike