PDA

View Full Version : Confetti Lights

Mark Hulette
12-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Just finished up a batch of 20 of these critters, first time I've tried them- seemed like a good, quick project for Christmas gifts. These are going to co-workers sometime this week.

Thanks for looking ~ any and all comments/critiques are welcome!

Jim Ketron
12-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Nice Job Mark!
Just be sure to pull the wicks down about flush with the tops of the wick holders before using them.

Andy Hoyt
12-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Cool! I just turned my first two lamps this afternoon. Not nearly as nice as these. Thanks!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Well done Mark! I like the forms and finish!

Bernie Weishapl
12-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Very nicely done Mark. I do like the form and finish.

Steve Schlumpf
12-19-2006, 12:31 AM
Nice job Mark! Great looking wood! I'm sure they will make wonderful gifts!

Glenn Hodges
12-19-2006, 8:11 AM
Mark, handmade gifts as nice as these will be really appreciated this Christmas by your friends.

Mark Hulette
12-19-2006, 9:18 AM
Nice Job Mark!
Just be sure to pull the wicks down about flush with the tops of the wick holders before using them.

Hey Thanks, Jim! I was just trying to get a quick pic (sorry for the quality :rolleyes: ) and didn't pull the wicks back down.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I used lacquer for the first time and found that it will point out your stray tool marks and sanding lines real quick! A lot of this wood was home-grown spalting and some of it got too punky so my finishing leaves lots to be desired.

Thanks again.

Paul Engle
12-19-2006, 9:40 AM
Nice lamps Mark, becareful tho, I did a bunch in walnut w/sap wood for Christmas gifts and the wife saw em ..... :eek: . I had to make more using different wood :D cause she wants me sell the walnut ones... I put up sign over shop door says " Authorised persons only " didn't stop her tho....:eek: , yep ... sign in burn pile now:o , I sleep in da shop ....:D

John Miliunas
12-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Nice lamps, Mark! Beautiful figuring on the wood and a nice variety of shapes. Fun to make, ain't they? :) :cool:

Scott Donley
12-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Looking good Mark ! Your going to make some happy folks at Christmas time .

Mark Hulette
12-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Nice lamps Mark, becareful tho, I did a bunch in walnut w/sap wood for Christmas gifts and the wife saw em ..... :eek: . I had to make more using different wood :D cause she wants me sell the walnut ones... I put up sign over shop door says " Authorised persons only " didn't stop her tho....:eek: , yep ... sign in burn pile now:o , I sleep in da shop ....:D

Too late, Paul. She saw them when I brought them in the house last night. I can't believe she likes the wood... never figgered her for one to like spalting! :rolleyes: She's cool with it, though, so I can make her some AFTER Christmas.

Christopher K. Hartley
12-20-2006, 7:36 AM
Nice lamps Mark. I'm going to have to try some of those.:)

Keith Burns
12-20-2006, 8:17 AM
Very nice lamps Mark (but I only see 3, not 20:D ). I'm sure the recipients will be pleased:) :)

Mark Hulette
12-20-2006, 9:02 AM
Very nice lamps Mark (but I only see 3, not 20:D ). I'm sure the recipients will be pleased:) :)

WHAT??? Only 3? :eek: :eek: :eek: I could've sworn there were 20!

Good thing I work with taxes!! :D :D :D

John Hart
12-20-2006, 9:58 AM
WHAT??? Only 3? :eek: :eek: :eek: I could've sworn there were 20!...

Use some spray lacquer. You'll see 20 again......Be sure to breathe.....in through the nose...out the mouth...very important. ;)

Nice lookin' pieces Mark. I'm especially fond of the form in the back. :)

Mark Hulette
12-20-2006, 2:17 PM
How did you know I used spray lacquer?? :cool: :cool: :cool: ;)

"... and then there were 20"

Thanks for the comments John and everyone!

Ernie Nyvall
12-20-2006, 6:41 PM
Those are nice Mark. I see 20.:eek: