PDA

View Full Version : It's Started

Tyler Howell
12-18-2006, 9:24 PM
It's started.
Moved in some of my old tools into the new shop.
Good thing I couldn't move the TS, RAS & DC at the last garage sale.
Got a new lumber hauler to shuffle stuff around.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=46171

Bruce Page
12-18-2006, 9:27 PM
Dude, you got way too much room in there! I bet you'll fill it up in no time!

Art Mulder
12-18-2006, 9:31 PM
Brrr, ground covered in white stuff....

Look at them big saws on the shelf in the background of pic#4... You planning on cutting trees the Neanderthal way?

Tyler Howell
12-18-2006, 9:34 PM
Brrr, ground covered in white stuff....

Look at them big saws on the shelf in the background of pic#4... You planning on cutting trees the Neanderthal way?

I actually used the buck saw.
It was faster than setting up the Csaw:cool:

Dan Forman
12-18-2006, 9:35 PM
That's going to be a great shop Tyler. Looks like the scenery is not too bad either. How far out of what town are you up there?

Dan

Corey Hallagan
12-18-2006, 9:54 PM
Wow now that is going to be a nice shop! Have fun!

Corey

Dennis Peacock
12-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Hey Tyler.....

That's going to be an awesome shop....need to get it off to a good start and throw a little sawdust around in there on the floor and go ahead and put the Big Iron in there so they won't feel so left out. :D

Congrats my friend!!! Nice place you got there. :cool:

Jim Becker
12-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Nice hauler. Nice shop assistance. Nice shop. What's not to like? :D

Jerry Olexa
12-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Tyler, Nice shop, lots of room and looks good! The white birch outside reminds you you're in the beautriful North Country.. I'm envious...Enjoy

Dave Falkenstein
12-19-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm jealous. Merry Christmas.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Nice looking shop area and nice looking view. You will probably spend too much time enjoying the view and get little done on the projects....but....you'll be retired...so who will know?

Boyd Gathwright
12-19-2006, 1:00 AM
Hello Tyler,
.... You appear to have a good handle on things. (Better you than me :D)

Hope all goes well.

Boyd

It's started.
Moved in some of my old tools into the new shop.
Good thing I couldn't move the TS, RAS & DC at the last garage sale.
Got a new lumber hauler to shuffle stuff around.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=46171

John Schreiber
12-19-2006, 1:10 AM
Life is good. Enjoy!

Karl Laustrup
12-19-2006, 7:33 AM
Looking good Tyler. Lots of room for all the stuff. By the looks of the outside I think you're going to need one of these:

Of course you'll need a cab on it for the winter, and a backhoe for digging. There's just so many things you can get for it. :)

Karl

Al Navas
12-19-2006, 7:40 AM
Terrific all the way around. Merry Christmas!!!

David Wilson
12-19-2006, 7:41 AM
Looking good Tyler. What's that white styff on the ground? We don't have any here.

John Bailey
12-19-2006, 8:12 AM
Looks like the perfect place to build a sailboat.:D

John

Ken Fitzgerald
12-19-2006, 8:14 AM
Tyler...........why is it when I see the scenery shots of your new place I get this urge......start humming a little ditty......words go...."From the land of sky blue waters".......

Al Willits
12-19-2006, 8:21 AM
On the news this morning seems there was a shooting on interstate 694, seems someone disrespected someone else so they shot them....sure ya wanna move and miss all this? :D

Looks pretty nice Tyler, enjoy your new shop.

Al

Neil Lamens
12-19-2006, 8:33 AM
Hey Tyler:

Does the "pony express" have the new location; seems like an awful lot of room for that "Hoyt Creeker Lathe".

Have fun.....Merry Christmas!!!!

Jim Hager
12-19-2006, 8:36 AM
Wonderful place you have there to work in. I notice you are not posting any pics of the house. I probably wouldn't either. The shop is the most important feature in a new place, huh!!!!

Congratulations on the new shop and please be careful moving all that stuff in the snow. It would be a great time to slip on the ice and bust your arse!!!!!!!!!!!! I have done that before and have pain daily in the knee I blew out when it happened.

Have a Merry Christmas in your new place.

Frank Chaffee
12-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Great spot, Tyler!

Tyler.........."From the land of sky blue waters".......
But that’s Ken for ya, always the Hamm(s).

John Miliunas
12-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Way cool, my friend! Now, on to the BIG question: When's the cyclone DC system going in??? :D :cool:

lou sansone
12-19-2006, 12:14 PM
best wishes in the new space. what are you doing for heat ?

lou

Steve Wargo
12-19-2006, 12:40 PM
So, so envious. Nice score Tyler. Congrats on the new shop

Tyler Howell
12-19-2006, 1:05 PM
best wishes in the new space. what are you doing for heat ?

lou
Hey Lou,
Everything is shut down right now but if you follow the attached thread at the top you will see I have a LPG furnace, H/C Water and a wood stove.

Tyler Howell
12-19-2006, 1:14 PM
So, so envious. Nice score Tyler. Congrats on the new shop
Steve only 33 more years with the FAA, wise investing, 2-3 side jobs, play music on weekends and you'll be all set.:o :D :D

Tyler Howell
12-19-2006, 1:29 PM
First project is More power.
I've got a 200 amp service but my seller took all the 240 breakers and outlets:mad::rolleyes: .
They weren't where I needed them anyway, so I'll be bending pipe next week and setting up some temp outlets to get up and running.
First rule of Elect. work is. "don't let the smoke out"

larry merlau
12-19-2006, 1:35 PM
is it me or do you have the mustard yellow color scheme going on in the shop walls? also i see that your best freind is mustard color too.. shame on you:D

Jerry White
12-19-2006, 1:44 PM
First project is More power.
I've got a 200 amp service but my seller took all the 240 breakers and outlets:mad::rolleyes: .
They weren't where I needed them anyway, so I'll be bending pipe next week and setting up some temp outlets to get up and running.
First rule of Elect. work is. "don't let the smoke out"

An absolutely great looking place, Tyler. Hope you have some wire and cable on the shelf.........copper prices are outrageous right now. :rolleyes:

Tyler Howell
12-19-2006, 1:47 PM
It's you Larry:p
My TS is PM and everything else would be also if I could aford it.
Right now only the extras have gone north.
The walls are covered with peg board soon to be painted white.
And Harley......He's just cool

Tyler Howell
12-19-2006, 2:01 PM
An absolutely great looking place, Tyler. Hope you have some wire and cable on the shelf.........copper prices are outrageous right now. :rolleyes:
I just picked up a 500ft roll of THNN:eek: :eek:
I couldn't beleive it.
I'm going to quick take in all my scrap. I may be able to finance part of the next project:D .

Dan Mages
12-19-2006, 2:44 PM
I know how it feels. I needed a 500ft roll of 12 aug THNN to complete my basement... that was a good $65 I did not want to spend.

Dan

Rick Schubert
12-19-2006, 7:33 PM
Looking good Tyler! You've got a long way to go to fill'er up though. But you're started! Going to need to fire up one of those heaters to paint. I predict there will be a lot of progress by New Years Day.

Where are the cracks in the floor?

Rick

Charles McKinley
12-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Great start Tyler,

Cover what you have in there and rent an airless sprayer and just hose everything white now. It will be much easier if you can do it this way.

Enjoy!

Mike Holbrook
12-20-2006, 7:56 AM
Tyler, if you need any help with the local trout....I could even tie a few flies...

He does not want one of those green tractors he wants a nice orange Kabota! Mine is pushing 1200 hours, we have become very close, oook so I am a little deeeaf.

Nice shop, It is starting to look like I will have to put up a wall and awning before I can finish mine. I will still have to share with the dogs, though. I only see one dog in your picture. I am down to 4 from a high of 12. The Deutcha Shafferhund and Beauceron are manageable but the Austrailian Cattle Dogs can cause mayhem in about 3 seconds. No wood is sacred or even safe in my shop, grrrrr.

Christopher K. Hartley
12-20-2006, 8:16 AM
Congrats Tyler, That is one nice shop area. any plans for a spinny thing in the corner?:p :D :)

Boyd Gathwright
12-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Hey Mike,
.... Show Tyler a pic of your "nice orange Kabota". He understands pics better and that will give him something to drool over :D.

Tyler, if you need any help with the local trout....I could even tie a few flies...

He does not want one of those green tractors he wants a nice orange Kabota! Mine is pushing 1200 hours, we have become very close, oook so I am a little deeeaf.

Nice shop, It is starting to look like I will have to put up a wall and awning before I can finish mine. I will still have to share with the dogs, though. I only see one dog in your picture. I am down to 4 from a high of 12. The Deutcha Shafferhund and Beauceron are manageable but the Austrailian Cattle Dogs can cause mayhem in about 3 seconds. No wood is sacred or even safe in my shop, grrrrr.