PDA

View Full Version : Back Again....

Corey Hallagan
12-18-2006, 6:56 PM
Well I haven't been around much since Thanksgiving weekend. I ended up hurting my back that weekend and have a herniated disk. No surgery yet. Trying to fix it with steroids but to the point now that I am not in constant pain and can sleep some at night. Doing much better that is for sure. Didn't get to do any flat box work or do any turning in the last month. Sure glad I made my boxes for gifts 6 months ago and half a dozen pens over the last year for Christmas gifts. Bought some screw driver kits that I wanted to make but didn't get them done. Just to much standing yet.

Anyway...been a long 3 1/2 weeks. Not only that, I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel and have it torn up and natta has been done for the last month. The wife is dealing with it well though :rolleyes: Hope you all are doing well and get some new spinny tools from Santa! I am hoping for mostly flat land box makiing stuff but do have the Termite tool on the list. We will see!

Corey

Steve Schlumpf
12-18-2006, 7:00 PM
Man! Sorry to hear about your situation Corey! Hopefully the meds will help solve the problem and you can get back to turning - best therapy in the world!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-18-2006, 7:22 PM
Corey............I've done that back thing! Not much fun. Do what the Doc says and here's hoping the steroids do the trick! I'll be thinking about you.

John Hart
12-18-2006, 7:23 PM
Owww. I know the feeling well. That stinks Corey. But like Steve says...Turning is good therapy. It helped me ALOT.;) Get well soon!:)

Dennis Peacock
12-18-2006, 7:26 PM
Maaaaaaaannnnnnnn Corey!!!! I hate to hear that about your back. I hate back problems with a purple passion!!! Here's hoping for a fast and easy revovery for ya buddy. :D

Barry Stratton
12-18-2006, 7:27 PM
Sorry to hear of your back woe's Corey - definitely NO FUN!

Hey, if things go south, i was wondering.......could I have your lathe????:cool:

Just kidding, get well son buddy.:D

Corey Hallagan
12-18-2006, 7:39 PM
Thanks guys for the kind words. Barry, nope, still got to turn that bowl!!

Corey

Jim Ketron
12-18-2006, 7:54 PM
That Stinks Corey!
Hope the shots work!
Take care of yourself and get better;)

Jim Becker
12-18-2006, 8:01 PM
'Hope you're feeling better soon, Corey!

John Bailey
12-18-2006, 8:04 PM
Maaaaaaaannnnnnnn Corey!!!! I hate to hear that about your back. I hate back problems with a purple passion!!! Here's hoping for a fast and easy revovery for ya buddy. :D

Actually, I think purple passions help back pain!!:eek:

John

Pete Jordan
12-18-2006, 9:04 PM
Don't rush it Corey!

take your time and enjoy what you can.

Mark Pruitt
12-18-2006, 9:29 PM
Corey, I've been noticing you missing. I'm sorry to hear about the back problems. You have my best wishes as you recover. Hang in there!

Bob Noles
12-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Hate to hear about that back ole buddy. Not much worse in life than back pain, I can attest to that as many others also. Glad to see a post from you and know you are alright otherwise.

Wishing you and the wifey a Merry Christmas, Corey. Hurry up and get well so you can finish that kitchen and get back to WW.

Bernie Weishapl
12-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Hang in there buddy. Rest that back. The kitchen and turning can wait.

Ernie Nyvall
12-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Oh man Corey. Hope the shots work. I've had them and they worked pretty good.

Travis Stinson
12-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Hope it gets better soon Corey. Good to see you back around. :cool:

Corey Hallagan
12-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Thanks all, I do appreciate it. Checked in from time to time but just didn't post much. Thanks again,

Corey