PDA

View Full Version : Minor gloat and Q's for the LDD guys

Brad Hammond
11-10-2003, 2:46 PM
I happened across these cedar logs on my way home from work last night...........................well, i'd been watching them for 2wks on the side of the road and since i leave work at 12:30am i thought i'd take advantage of the minimal to nil traffic on a sunday/monday morning and load 'em up.
my question is about cedar and LDD. i wanted to try my first hand at some natural edge bowls. taking advantage of the heart and sapwood for contrast. can i soak cedar in ldd? if so, how long. and will it help. i'm treating these as green because i think they've been cut for a little over a month.

hey ken.........................have you noticed these at the drake and whitesburg intersection where they've been widening the intersection?

thanx everyone
brad

Ken Salisbury
11-10-2003, 8:21 PM
hey ken.........................have you noticed these at the drake and whitesburg intersection where they've been widening the intersection?

No Brad - I haven't been down that way in quite some time. I wouldn't have been interested anyway since I have an unlimited supply of cedar. Thanks for the thought though.