PDA

View Full Version : xmas presents pics

Larry Crim
12-18-2006, 6:15 PM
Well I have not posted much in the spinney section, Probably since I have not made much with my lathe since I got it earlier this year but thought I would give it a try for some Xmas presents. Used the crush grind mechanisms for the grinders since it's the first grinders I've made I thought it would be easeir since I was not restricted to a certain size. One thing I learned that I would like to pass along, the top of the grinder that the cap mechanism goes into calls for a 1 1/8 bit to make the hole I did not have one at first and I just sanded till it fit, Later I got a bit and did one I found the fit was better when I just sanded it to fit. The small box is a toothpic dispenser.
Thanks for looking any criticism welcome
Larry

Keith Burns
12-18-2006, 6:29 PM
Great stuff Larry ! They all look great. :) :) If you have any left over bring them to next months meeting. By the way Travis Stinson will be our demonstrator.

Steve Schlumpf
12-18-2006, 6:32 PM
Nice work Larry! I really like the curly maple mill - or at least it looks like maple. Something about curly always turns into a conversation piece. Should make wonderful gifts!

Bernie Weishapl
12-18-2006, 6:43 PM
Larry that is some nice work. Those pieces are some beauties.

Corey Hallagan
12-18-2006, 7:12 PM
Nice Larry, great looking mills and confetti lights!

Corey

John Hart
12-18-2006, 7:25 PM
Just thought you'd give it a try eh Larry? Sheesh.:rolleyes: They're great!!!!:)

Dennis Peacock
12-18-2006, 7:27 PM
Way to go Larry!!! Pretty all the way around. Congrats!!!:cool:

Ernie Nyvall
12-18-2006, 9:56 PM
You're going to make some people happy Larry. Nice job.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Larry..........Excellent projects! I can see why you haven't had time to post....too busy!

Larry Crim
12-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments I should have added all are cherry except the one maple and one walnut no finish except clear coat the peppermills are friction polish and the lamps are poly.
Thanks also to all that answered my questions on what mechanisms and finsih to use.
Larry

Christopher K. Hartley
12-20-2006, 7:51 AM
...Thanks for looking any criticism welcome
LarryI have one big one! Do more lathe work! Your stuff looks great!:)

John Timberlake
12-20-2006, 9:40 AM
Great projects. There are going to be some happy people on your gift list.