PDA

View Full Version : Chester Tool Works Awl and Marking Knife

Dave Bonde
12-18-2006, 3:53 PM
I just received my marking knife and awl from Chester Tool Works and I have to start by saying WOW! Dave is obviously a highly skilled craftsman. About the best way to describe them is “Flawless” and if you know me that word does not come out often. A downfall of mine is I always find the flaws or imperfections (my work included) but these two tools are perfectly crafted. They look great, feel great in you hand, and function perfectly. If you are in the market for an awl or marking knife for yourself or a gift you can’t do better than a Chester Tool Works hand tool. Thanks again to Dave Anderson and SMC. Dave

Ken Fitzgerald
12-18-2006, 3:54 PM
Uh.....Dave..........This classifies as a gloat and isn't Official without photographic evidence!

Dave Bonde
12-18-2006, 4:49 PM
Uh.....Dave..........This classifies as a gloat and isn't Official without photographic evidence!

OK Ken that's what I figured - the picture dosen't do the tools justice but that is my hand around them:)

Jim Becker
12-18-2006, 4:57 PM
Congrats on your win!!! (One of the downsides to being a moderator is...can't be an entrant...)

I'm going to place a copy of this thread in the Neander Forum as this is of great interest there, rather than moving the thread.

Jim
SMC Moderator

Dave Anderson NH
12-18-2006, 5:53 PM
Thanks for the compliments Dave. Frankly I'm surprised that you got the tools so quickly. I only mailed them Saturday morning. Now that you have them, we expect that you will start to develop some Neanderthal tendencies (...in your woodworking, we don't expect the knuckles to drag on the ground).:D Use them in good health.