PDA

View Full Version : Any newbie Neanders out there?........................

Mark Rios
12-18-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm looking for a Newbie Neander just getting into the handtool game. Someone who is looking for a Stanley No. 4 to fettle and tune to get started in the pursuit of spending ungodly sums of money on handtools. :D

The plane is a fairly new, I'd say somewhere between 5 and 15 years old, No. 4 made in England. It was given to me by a neighbor lady after she found it in her garage. It is NOT a high dollar, rare, collectable type of thing, just a good beginning working plane for a newbie. It's in good shape and looks to be used very little. There are a couple of very small chips in the japanning and the sole/body/sides has some minor surface oxidation, nothing that won't come off with some steel wool.

I'd like to keep this offer to a newbie out there in the Creek if we can.

Paypal $5 for shipping and you can have it.

My PM box awaits your mesage.:D

Frank Chaffee
12-18-2006, 1:16 PM
Mark,
As this thread was opening I was mentally composing a smart-bum remark questioning whether “newbie Neanders” was not an oxymoron.

Now I see that this is one of those few times you are actually being serious!

Mark, I would like to have that plane. Please PM me w/ your PayPal info.

Thanks,
Frank

Mike Henderson
12-18-2006, 1:20 PM
Yeah, I think we're all "newbie Neanders". But some of us already have a set of planes.

Thanks, Mark, for making that offer. You have a good heart.

Mike

Zahid Naqvi
12-18-2006, 5:06 PM
What a nice gesture Mark, you are good man I don't care what they say about you ;)