PDA

View Full Version : New shop at home - moved in!

Joe Pelonio
12-18-2006, 10:29 AM
It wasn't easy with the power out but we did get the shop moved to the house this weekend. Generator here, power inverter there, temperatures in the high 20s, hard to find gas, nothing could keep us from getting it done. Other than a few trips to the dump when they re-open, and a few power tools still mounted to the workbench, eveything's here and ready to go. I'm hoping for a quiet week, to have a chance to finish organizing things. The worktable is 4x8, half has plexiglas the other half is to be glass but unfortunately the place I ordered it from still has no power so it may be a few days.

Frank Corker
12-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Wow Joe, really jealous here, looks fantastic!

Mitchell Andrus
12-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Looks too un-lived in. Take another pic in a few months.

Joe Pelonio
12-18-2006, 1:36 PM
Looks too un-lived in. Take another pic in a few months.
I may take one but I won't share it! You should see the old place. My biggest problem is saving scraps of vinyl and substrates that are never going to be used, so I end up with piles of them to dump. I vow to do better at that here. :D

Dave Fifield
12-18-2006, 3:12 PM
A job well done, despite the adverse conditions!

Please could you expand on why you want your work table to have half glass and half plexiglass? How does that help your work flow?

Also, what's that picture you have hanging over your computer desk near the corner? I'm intrigued (read "nosey"!)....

Cheers,
:Dave F.

Phyllis Meyer
12-18-2006, 3:40 PM
I'm like Dave...when I look at a picture I see more:) Is it a painting that someone special painted? I also love a good mystery! Have a great day Joe and everyone!

Sincerely,

Phyllis

Joe Pelonio
12-18-2006, 6:27 PM
A job well done, despite the adverse conditions!
Please could you expand on why you want your work table to have half glass and half plexiglass? How does that help your work flow?
Also, what's that picture you have hanging over your computer desk near the corner? I'm intrigued (read "nosey"!)....
Cheers,
:Dave F.

I'm like Dave...when I look at a picture I see more:) Is it a painting that someone special painted? I also love a good mystery! Have a great day Joe and everyone!
Sincerely,
Phyllis

Dave,

On the table, at the old place I had a totally glass top table for vinyl weeding and taping, and another with plastic so smooth but allowing for pounding, such as putting in grommets. Here I've combined it so for doing 20 foot banners like the one this morning I have a good sized work area.

Dave and Phyllis,

Yes, someone special did that for me, it's not a painting though, but a quilt made by my wife. It's a moose. I have a more abstract smaller one on another wall.

Karin Voorhis
12-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Very nice to see the pic!!! Wow what obsticals you had to go through too. I really like the way you have you room set up and all it looks very neat clean and functional..... Nice work

Looking forward to more pics and details as it evoles.

Seth Gecko
12-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Joe,
I have been following your progress on your shop.
I am in the process of building a pole barn that will house our new offices your picture along has been a of great help.

thank you,
seth

Joe Pelonio
12-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Joe,
I have been following your progress on your shop.
I am in the process of building a pole barn that will house our new offices your picture along has been a of great help.

thank you,
seth
Wow, a pole barn sounds really cool. Last night I had to work until 8pm and then start this morning at 4am as things keep going whether you move or not. The good news is that in those 3 side windows above the laser I got to see a nice sunset. What a change from the old place that had windows only in the front. As I sit here now (at the computer on the right in the photo) I see nothing but treetops and sky. Also nice to have the dogs, kids and wife stop by to see me once in a while. (NOT in that order)