PDA

View Full Version : Confetti Light Question

Mark Hulette
12-17-2006, 2:57 PM
I'm finishing up some confetti lights for the folks at work and the instructions that came from Craft Supplies said to put some silicone caulk to seat the glass lamp in the holder.

I've got some bathroom caulk already but it doesn't mention "silicone" in the contents. Will this be OK or should I get a strictly silicone product?

Thanks!

PS- I'll post pics after I get the lamps installed!

Bill Grumbine
12-17-2006, 3:00 PM
Mark, I leave them loose, just in case they need to be removed for some reason. It has never been a problem. I suppose gluing them in is fine, but I don't really see the need to do so.

Bill

Mark Hulette
12-17-2006, 3:10 PM
Mark, I leave them loose, just in case they need to be removed for some reason. It has never been a problem. I suppose gluing them in is fine, but I don't really see the need to do so.

Bill

Thanks Bill- I was contemplating doing that but I allowed a little space under/below the lamp to compensate for the added caulking. Some might not need as much but I've got a couple that do need a little something for a boost.

Thanks for your help.

PS- I couldn't sleep the other night and popped in your first DVD and it's amazing how much I heard even after watching it 2 times before! Thanks for a great resource.