PDA

View Full Version : Little Fella's Workbench

Tony Falotico
11-10-2003, 7:03 AM
LOML & I were in the Big Box toy store the other night and I noticed the Home Depot tool sets for kids. They had one tool box that had some small scale 'real' tools for the little tike's. Got to thinking (sometimes that's dangerous) that it would be a nice Christmas present for my 5 yr old grandson. Then I got to thinking why not build a small scale workbench to put in the workshop for him.

Any ideas, plans, pics or whatever would be greatly appreciated.

Nostalgia PS: I still remember (45 yrs ago) sitting on the floor in the corner of my dad's lumber yard banging nails into wood all day long!

Glenn Clabo
11-10-2003, 8:14 AM
Tony,
I'd say you answered your own question. A small workbench would be cool...but there's nothing wrong with just giving him a board to hammer nails into. Also...what I did with my son was to make sure I alloted time for him whenever I did something that involved woodworking/fixing things. I'd give him him his own board or spot on my workbench (on a big box) and try to explain everything I was doing. Sometimes it even helped me figure out what I was doing. :D

It kind of worked with my son...he's fixing F-16's for the Air Force now.

John Miliunas
11-10-2003, 8:20 AM
It kind of worked with my son...he's fixing F-16's for the Air Force now.

Hey Glenn, I assume that, at the very least, they must be using *treated* boards on those F-16's?! :D :cool:

Glenn Clabo
11-10-2003, 4:17 PM
Secret Air Farce weapon...