PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and project photo

Karl Knoernschild
12-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Hi all. I've been reading this board for a couple of months now, and have found it very useful and informative. I have been woodworking off and on since I was a kid in 4-H, but am only just now getting serious about it. We moved last October, and finally I have a good space (in my basement) for a decent workshop.

Here's a photo of my latest project, a Christmas present for my 3-year-old son. I built a CD rack about 15 years ago (no photo, maybe I'll post it later) and a few other but other than that I haven't really done anything this complex, so I'm rather proud of this one :o. It's built from NYW plans (which I was fairly happy with, despite a couple of minor omissions).

Looking forward to learning a lot more and sharing more projects from my ever-expanding "to do" list.

Dan Oliphant
12-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Well done Karl, your son will enjoy that wagon for a long time, and welcome to the creek. Don't be shy, jump right in.

everett lowell
12-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Hi Karl, welcome to the 'creek! Nice work on the wagon! I tend to lurk more than I post, but I learn so much here! On this forum I'm not worred if I say something stupid 'cause the people here don't bash each other, only encourage-and share thier knowlege.this is a great place to hang out as I'm sure you can tell from lurking for a couple of months. looking foward to some more of your projects!:)

Neil Clemmons
12-17-2006, 9:46 PM
Welcome Karl -

That wagon looks like one that Norm built a few year's ago. I say that because I built one as well for a neighbor.

Nice work, and welcome to the Creek

Neil

Karl Laustrup
12-18-2006, 6:33 AM
Welcome Karl. That is a great looking wagon. I'll bet his eyes will light up Christmas morning when he first sees it. :)

Karl

John Bailey
12-18-2006, 6:57 AM
Welcome to the Creek Karl. Wagon looks great and the kid will love it, even when he uses it with his kids.

John

Jim Becker
12-18-2006, 8:42 AM
Welcome aboard, Karl!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-18-2006, 9:53 AM
Welcome to the Creek Karl! Nice work on that wagon!

Kristian Wild
12-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Nice job Karl. I'll be needing one of those too in about 3 1/2 years... Welcome to the Creek, as you've obviously come to realize it's a very helpful and supportive place. All input and opinions are welcomed. (well almost...)

Kris

Karl Knoernschild
12-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

John Miliunas
12-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Karl and thank you so much for already getting with the PPP we have here! (Picture Posting Program) That will, of course, keep the PP off your back. (Picture Police). :D Excellent job on the wagon and I'm positive your son will have a blast with it! :) Come often, stay long and share as many projects, questions and knowledge as you care to! :) :cool: