PDA

View Full Version : Home from vacation

Matt Meiser
12-17-2006, 9:40 AM
We returned home last night from a vacation in the Orlando ares. We left last Friday morning, arrived in Orlando in the early afternoon and immediately drove out to Kennedy Space Center. The tour there wasn't what it was when I was there 10 years ago, but that might be because Discovery was sitting on the launch pad. We spent that night in Cocoa Beach and then drove to Disney for 8 days and 7 nights. It was a perfect week to be there. We usually didn't have to wait more than about 10 minutes for a ride/attraction, even without a Fast Pass. For the new Everest ride we used LOML's and my tickets to get a couple Fast Passes and I was able to ride 4 times in a little over an hour. My daughter got to get the autographs of 20-some characters and her picture taken with even more. It was warm enough for a Michigander to go to a water park, but all the Southerner's stayed away and there were no lines there. In all it was a very fun week enjoyed by all three of us.

Jim Becker
12-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Adorable picture of the Princesses!!

Art Mulder
12-17-2006, 1:03 PM
and immediately drove out to Kennedy Space Center. The tour there wasn't what it was when I was there 10 years ago, but that might be because Discovery was sitting on the launch pad.

Hey I was there almost 10 years ago also -- computer conference in mid '97 I think, at the Orlando Marriott.

We had the weirdest driver for the KSC tour - he used twice the adjectives necessary in practically every sentence. I wondered who wrote that script. But wasn't the Saturn V center something? I always tell people to go there. It is so massively big.

best,
...art