PDA

View Full Version : Casters - Lucky Find Gloat

Steven DeMars
12-16-2006, 10:59 PM
While Christmas shopping today I noticed six large book carts with wheels in the rear parking lot of a bookstore. Went in, spoke with manager. Ask if she wanted them. She said "no, take them burn them, whatever". . . So I took all the wheels and left. Cart design was not practical and construction was press-wood. Ended up with 12 non-locking and 12 locking 3" casters American Made at that . . . . . I figure they will be great for carts in the shop . . .

So you guys check behind the stores, with a new year coming no telling what they will throw out . . .

everett lowell
12-17-2006, 8:07 AM
Good find! I always keep my eye on the garbage, I can't belive what some people throw out!:eek: "one man's garbage is another man's gold" right?:)

Kyle Kraft
12-17-2006, 9:39 AM
Dumpster Diver is my middle name!!

everett lowell
12-17-2006, 10:30 AM
"dumpster diving":DLOL-that reminded me of the time I was diving in a dumpster at the local recycling center(witch they don't approve of,btw) I stood up and made myself visible just as some dude was about to toss in some junk-scared the crap out of him!:D I'm luckey, it would have landed on my head! btw, it was a metal only dumpster,I do have my limits!:rolleyes:

glenn bradley
12-17-2006, 2:04 PM
Very cool. I always find it easier to slap some wheels on something if they didn't cost me $15 each! Those will come in handy.