PDA

View Full Version : Sister's Idea

Glenn Hodges
12-16-2006, 8:18 AM
My sister carves spoons at the http://www.thespiralspoon.com/ and she sells my bowls during the summer at her place in East Glacier, Montana. I know none of you ever have the problem I have about putting all this work into a bowl and then going through the bottom of it. As we say down here in South Georgia, it kind of takes the starch out of you. She takes the ones I screw up and uses these to frame a clock movement which she mounts in the hole. I am sorry I do not have a picture because she sells them pretty fast. In fact she called me the other day to ask if I had any more screw ups. I thought one or two of you might use this idea.

Chris Barton
12-16-2006, 8:27 AM
Hey Glenn,

I tried the link and get an error page. I want to see more!

Tom Sherman
12-16-2006, 8:42 AM
Chris, I did a search for the spiral spoon and found a link to the website. Some very nice stuff there.

Bernie Weishapl
12-16-2006, 10:15 AM
That is some cool stuff Glenn. I would be interested in a picture of the clocks she makes. Since I have a clock shop might work for me.

Steve Schlumpf
12-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Interesting idea! Would love a photo next time you make a bowl clock!

Nancy Laird
12-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey Glenn,

I tried the link and get an error page. I want to see more!

Chris, I did a search for the spiral spoon and found a link to the website.

I tried both ways and got error too. Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to see them too, since I LOVE clocks and am always looking for unusual ones.

Nancy

David Fried
12-16-2006, 11:14 AM
I clicked the link and got through but needed to click refresh as the connection timed out. Somethings slow somewhere. Nice shop! Never thought I would see a 14 foot Purple spoon!

John Hart
12-17-2006, 6:14 AM
Great idea Glenn! Kudos to Sis. I love making clocks...don't know why. I'll have to give it a try....even though I, um, never go through the bottom of a bowl.:cool: Yeah..right.:D

Ernie Nyvall
12-17-2006, 9:42 AM
Man, a spoon for all ocasions... and the one out front.... for my Aunt Bessie.

Glenn, whatt you say is " I'm making this bowl for my sister's clocks.;)