PDA

View Full Version : Snaplock pipe?

Tony Shaftel
11-09-2003, 12:29 PM
Anyone know where I can get 24 and 26 gauge snaplock pipe near Glendale, CA? The place I get usually HVAC fittings from only carries 30 gauge. (And doesn't know who sells other gauges--odd, but that's what they said.)

Jim Becker
11-09-2003, 1:57 PM
HD and Lowes both generally carry 26 guage snap-lock in 24" lengths...at HD, the labels clearly are marked as 26 guage and it may be listed as "stove pipe". At HD, the boxes have grey/silver color coding.

You can also order online from oneida-air.com. They have both 5' and 2' lenths in just about any size you want. They also carry real DC fittings, such as wyes, as well as long radius adjustable elbows. Prices are reasonable and shipping is free for ductwork orders over $50. These folks have never let me down.

Be sure to pick up some foil tape for sealing...don't use "duct tape" as it will come off all by itself over time. The foil tape seals solidly and requires an army to get off!

Tony Shaftel
11-09-2003, 2:52 PM
This is actually my second time around. I agree, Oneida is a great source. I have two of their cyclones (selling the C650 if anyone is interested). But I still have Oneida ducting pipe and fittings left over from building my first DC. I'd like to buy local so I can easily exchange and return. After all these years of living with myself I have to acknowledge I'm unlikely to predict exactly what I'll need in advance!

I don't recall seeing 6" snaplock pipe at my local HD. May have missed it or be remembering a visit to OSH or something like that.

Jim Becker
11-09-2003, 2:55 PM
I don't recall seeing 6" snaplock pipe at my local HD. May have missed it or be remembering a visit to OSH or something like that.

They don't keep it in the same place as the regular HVAC duct...it's usually on the shelf farther up or down the row in the same place as the 26 guage fittings. Look for the silver/grey labels on the boxes and you should see the 24" snap-lock sections. I've bought 4", 5" and 6" from all of my local HDs (as well as Lowes) over the years.

Tony Shaftel
11-10-2003, 12:11 AM
They don't keep it in the same place as the regular HVAC duct...it's usually on the shelf farther up or down the row in the same place as the 26 guage fittings. Look for the silver/grey labels on the boxes and you should see the 24" snap-lock sections. I've bought 4", 5" and 6" from all of my local HDs (as well as Lowes) over the years.

Thanks, I'll drop by there and look closer.

--Tony