PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Ethics...

Andy Haney
12-15-2006, 7:45 PM
I've been "had" by an outfit I consider to be unethical in the camera business. It is my fault that I didn't check them out sufficiently before placing the order, but...

I've given them more than adequate opportunity to make it right with me, and they won't even respond. My understanding is that what they have done is "within the law", so I'm likely to have no legal remedy. However, I am notifying our state Attorney General and the Attorney General where the vendor is located.

Also, I have been informed that every time I "hit" on their sponsored link on a website, they have to pay. My intent is to get ahead of them financially (cost them more that they took me for). Send me a PM if you want to play along.

Yeah, I'm ticked off!

Andy

Fred Voorhees
12-15-2006, 8:15 PM
Chalk it up to experience and move on.

Dennis Peacock
12-15-2006, 8:49 PM
Sorry to hear that, but it's awful easy now days to be "had" by someone on the internet. Just be careful, chalk it up to experience, and do what you can to get on with life.

Rob Russell
12-16-2006, 12:16 PM
If you purchased the item and paid via credit card AND the item is not as was described, you can refute the charge through your credit card company.

Andy Haney
12-17-2006, 9:11 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Haven't corresponded with you in quite a while Fred. Hope all is going well.

Yeah Dennis. What really ticks me off if that I'm usually such a skeptic about this e-commerce stuff, but I bit "hook, line and sinker" this time.

To both of you: Maybe, with a lot of counseling, I can get through my "love" for these guys. LOL

Thanks Rob. I had already decided to contact the bank again because this particular vendor apparently threatened another dissatisfied customer with using the card number to "buy pizza". I'll see if they can help on the "product not as represented" angle.

Andy