PDA

View Full Version : Workshop Sign - Freestuff Winner November 21st, 2003

Keith Outten
11-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Congratulations Terry Hatfield (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?userid=143)

Terry you have untill midnight EST Friday November 28, 2003 to post a message here in this thread and claim your prize.

WorkShop Treasures (http://www.workshoptreasures.com)

We've been meaning to jump in and donate something of interest toward the SawMill Creek FreeStuff Program. Here is our offer;

Aaron and I would like to donate a laser engraved wooden sign, simular to the one below that we made for Ken Salisbury. We will use the same shape however we will design the sign text and graphics to suit the winner. We will include a custom made black wrought iron wall hanger or stand whichever the winner prefers. We will also include a custom show badge that matches your sign and free shipping anywhere in the USA.

Carl Eyman
11-09-2003, 12:59 PM
That'll be a very fine gift. Hope I win!

Jim Becker
11-09-2003, 1:53 PM
Yum! What's not to like about that prize!!!?? Pick me...pick me... :D

Todd Burch
11-09-2003, 3:15 PM
Make sure you spell it right:

B-U-R-C-H-W-O-O-D (space) U-S-A.

Hope I win!!! Todd.

David Klug
11-09-2003, 3:30 PM
My granddaughter made a sign for me before she died several years ago. I still have it, it is very special to me. It sure would be nice to have it done in a nice looking sign like that. She called it Grandpa's Workshop and had different tools drawn on it. It definitely is a keepsake.

Dave

Carl Eyman
11-09-2003, 3:47 PM
This time it's my turn

Ted Shrader
11-09-2003, 5:56 PM
Keith -

I'll make it easy for you. Go ahead and start setting your type now. I'll just drive over to pick it up and save you the shipping.

:) ,
Ted

Bryan Nuss
11-09-2003, 7:16 PM
Beautiful sign, Keith! Anyone would be proud to have such a sign!

By the way, I spell Bryan with a "y".

Regards,

Todd Burch
11-09-2003, 7:25 PM
Hey - If I win, I'll even do the design in Corel Draw (10) for ya Keith!! How can I lose now?

John Miliunas
11-09-2003, 9:05 PM
OK, enough kibitzing Keith here, guys! He's made a wonderful offer and no point in harassing him about it. I'll be sure to post pics of it hanging in my new shop....... :D :cool:

David Blangger
11-09-2003, 11:08 PM
Let me know when to send you the specs;)

Keith Outten
11-10-2003, 7:50 AM
All I can offer you is "Good Luck" and hope that each of you wins a drawing, if not this one possibly the next. I hope that one day we will have a drawing each and every day.

Although I can't win any of the FreeStuff drawings every now and then I get a nice bonus, the President of MicroJig sent me one of their MicroJig Model 200's after we did the drawing for their company. Henry included their new DVD which is packed with instructions on how to use the MicroJig with several different machines.

Thanks Henry for the great gesture, I will certainly enjoy using my new jig. I intend to write a review of the MicroJig in the near future, as soon as I can get back in my workshop :)

Byron Trantham
11-10-2003, 3:01 PM
Keith,
When can I expect the sign? :D

Anthony Yakonick
11-10-2003, 4:06 PM
Sign me up!

Charles McKinley
11-11-2003, 10:39 AM
Kieth and Aaron,

You do so much for us already. Thank you for the prize donation.

Ron McNeil
11-11-2003, 7:14 PM
Keith and Aaron, that's one fine looking sign. It would sure look great hanging in front of my shop. Thanks for donating such a great gift. MAN OH Man this Saw Mill Creek is quite a place. :D

Terry Hatfield
11-11-2003, 7:57 PM
Keith,

All I can think of is ............PLEASE<BR>.........PLEASE.........PLEASE.........PLEASE<BR>.........PLEASE.........PLEASE.........PLEASE<BR>.........PLEASE.........PLEASE.........PLEASE<BR>.........PLEASE...pick me!!!!!!

Thanks for a great donation.

Terry

Doug Littlejohn
11-12-2003, 4:58 PM
That sure would look nice on my newly coming together (finally)shop!!

I (like all you others) would surely love to win that!!

Matt Bridges
11-15-2003, 11:09 PM
Where do I enter to win??

Jackie Outten
11-16-2003, 8:47 AM
Where do I enter to win??

Matt,

As a sawmillcreek member you are automatically included in the free stuff drawings.

Jackie Outten

rrich
11-17-2003, 12:47 AM
Keith,
A really nice looking sign. What equipment did you use to make it?
Rich

Keith Outten
11-17-2003, 5:12 AM
Keith,
A really nice looking sign. What equipment did you use to make it?
Rich

The sign was made with an Epilog Legend Model 24 Laser Engraver. The wood is western Alder finished with laquer and engraved on both sides. The 1/8" thick center medalion is cherry, one inch in diameter and inserted into a 1" by 3/32" deep hole drilled with a forsner bit.

The exterior edge line was engraved first then rough cut on a band saw, the final trim was done on a scroll saw and routed with a roman ogee bit. The sign I will make for the drawing will be pattern routed instead of saw cut. The laser will be setup to produce the pattern from acrylic and adjusted to allow for a router template guide.

Graphics work for the sign was done in Corel Draw 10, the drawing file is sent directly to the engraver over a local area network.

Retail value of the sign with wrought iron stand or wall hanger is $250.00

I am currently in the process of creating one of these signs for Ken Salisbury, made from Corian, its an exterior version of the same design.

rrich
11-17-2003, 10:31 PM
Keith,
Wow! A lot of work goes into one of those little jewels. Thanks for the info. I aapreciate it.
Rich

Cliff Newton
11-17-2003, 10:56 PM
I need a nice sign.

Ken Salisbury
11-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Keith,
Wow! A lot of work goes into one of those little jewels. Thanks for the info. I aapreciate it.
Rich

Since you are not registered with a real first name (required by the Sawmill Creek Terms of Service (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/terms.php)) you are not eligible to win. Send me your first and last name via e-mail (ken@oldrebel workshop.com)and I will have your registration updated to make you eligible.

Kurt Aebi
11-18-2003, 3:17 PM
Ken, Keith & Arron,

What a Sign - it would look great up here in the tundra of Vermont!

Great Donation!

Pick ME!!!

Dave Dionne
11-20-2003, 3:37 PM
My wife has been telling me that I need a sign for the door going from the family to the shop/garage.
If you picked me she would think I was actually paying attention.:D
Thanks for the great Donation

Dave Dionne

Jay Kilpatrick
11-20-2003, 3:53 PM
Not that it would be asking too much...since so many others are convinced the'll win...but can you do 4 leaf clover?

Keith Outten
11-20-2003, 4:58 PM
Not that it would be asking too much...since so many others are convinced the'll win...but can you do 4 leaf clover?

Jay,

We can make signs of just about any shape, but for this drawing the shape has already been selected :)

Julie Wright
11-21-2003, 7:21 AM
Hey was this contest RIGGED ?? LOL
:confused: lol

Check out Terry's Message.

:) ;) :p :) ;) :p
Congrats on the Fantastic Shop Sign.
Have a good Friday :)

Keith Starosta
11-21-2003, 9:08 AM

Did I miss something? Did Terry actually win the sign? Not sure I follow where you're getting that, Julie.

Keith

Ken Salisbury
11-21-2003, 9:12 AM
Did I miss something? Did Terry actually win the sign? Not sure I follow where you're getting that, Julie.

Keith

Keith - yes Terry won - Keith Outten edits his original post on the thread when the drawing is made. Go to the top of the thread and see the original post.

THE WINNER WAS TERRY HATFIELD

Terry Hatfield
11-21-2003, 9:12 AM
Keith,

You're kidding me right??????? :D :D :D :D

WOW!!! Thanks so much!!!! I can't believe I actually won it!!!!! I truly appreciate it and appreciate all you and your staff have done for us. SMC is a GREAT place to be!!!

Thanks again,

Terry

Keith Starosta
11-21-2003, 9:34 AM
Keith,

WOW!!! Thanks so much!!!! I can't believe I actually won it!!!!! I truly appreciate it and appreciate all you and your staff have done for us. SMC is a GREAT place to be!!!

Thanks again,

Terry

Ahh!!! Okay...got it now. Congrats, Terry!!!! Looks like all that begging paid off!! :D

I'm Definitely looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Keith

Terry Hatfield
11-21-2003, 9:55 AM
Ahh!!! Okay...got it now. Congrats, Terry!!!! Looks like all that begging paid off!! :D

I'm Definitely looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Keith

Keith,

Yup...first time for everything I guess. :D

t

Aaron Koehl
11-21-2003, 10:08 AM
Keith,

Yup...first time for everything I guess. :D

t

Don't worry--it wasn't the begging. I wrote a script to randomize names in the database and draw, and we use that exclusively.

Congrats!

_Aaron_

Steve Nelson
11-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Don't worry--it wasn't the begging. I wrote a script to randomize names in the database and draw, and we use that exclusively.

Congrats!

_Aaron_
Congratulations Terry, couldnt have been won by a better guy. Steve

Bart Leetch
11-21-2003, 11:19 AM
Well Terry the right word is please everytime . I'll just have to remember to say it eleven times from now on.

Good manners are something that seems to be getting lost in the world today.

Mike Evertsen
11-21-2003, 12:22 PM

I think this is how he won,,,,,(_x_),,,JMHO,,,,,LOL :D

rrich
11-21-2003, 11:22 PM
Ken,
Your E-Mail doesn't resolve to a valid e-mail address. I think that I figured it out and have sent you an e-mail.
Rich

Keith Outten
11-22-2003, 10:37 AM
Terry,

I need your input on the sign;

What text (fonts) and graphics you would like?
I also need to know whether the sign holder will be table top or wall hanging?
What color paint?
Do you want the medailon inserted or just engraved on the plaque?

The Jet Mini Lathe blocks I'm making should be finished tomorrow so your sign should be finished next weekend.

Congratulations for winning the sign, I doubt the Please Please...helped but you never know, it could have been divine intervention or just fate :p

Jim Becker
11-22-2003, 10:46 AM
Keith,

Congratulations, Terry! There isn't much in this world that could improve your shop, but the sign will further enhance it! 'Can't wait to see the final design! :D

Ken Salisbury
11-22-2003, 10:58 AM
The Jet Mini Lathe blocks I'm making should be finished tomorrow so your sign should be finished next weekend.

No fair ! ! ! My outdoor sign has to be done before you can do his ! ! ! :D

Terry Hatfield
11-22-2003, 11:14 AM
Keuth,

I better give you a call for this one.

Terry

David Rose
11-23-2003, 6:25 AM
Julie, have you won anything? Have I won anything? Nooooo... Of course it was rigged! :eek:

We can at least take satisfaction in the fact that it has lots of little places for dust to hide. It will require major dusting before every surgery Terry does. :D Oh, no, wait! The dust sucker Terry has doesn't leave any dust. This is so unfair. :( :p :D

Keith, send me the sign for a week and I'll predust it for Terry.

Congrats Terry! Nice win!

David

:) ;) :p

Aaron Koehl
11-24-2003, 10:00 AM
No fair ! ! ! My outdoor sign has to be done before you can do his ! ! ! :D

That is what pattern routing is for, my friend. :D