PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw Help

James & Zelma Litzmann
12-15-2006, 4:28 PM
I need Corel Draw help, I am working on this project, everytime I send it to the laser my font disappears. I have shut down rebooted, and it is still happening? Does anyone have any ideas? My virsu software is up to date, it shouldn't be a virus, I hope???

Thanks in advance.

Zelma (Psalms 18:2)

Frank Corker
12-15-2006, 4:55 PM
James & Zelma

Have you tried going to your laser creator's website and downloading their latest printer drivers and firmware. If you have just recently done this, there may be a conflict with the newer firmware drivers, changing back to the earlier versions will sometimes cure the problems.

If it were me with the issues you seem to be having, this is the first course of action that I would take

Brent Vander Weil
12-15-2006, 4:58 PM
Well I can't offer an exact answer, but I am wondering if there is something being lost in the translation... like if the laser is seeing the font as a type it can recognize... such as Post Script... True Type etc.

May be worth a quick call to the laser vendor... I know there are others here who work for laser companies that may have a more direct answer...

James & Zelma Litzmann
12-15-2006, 5:07 PM
It (the font) is disappearing off my screen and only printing about 1/3 on the laser. I went ahead and ran the job (after it disappeaing for the 6th time) just to see if it went to the laser, some did, some didn't. I am about to pull my hair out. I reset Corel, as the technical support suggest, pushing f8 while opening up corel and it still does it. I ran my virus scan just to be sure and it found no virus.

zll

Mike Mackenzie
12-15-2006, 5:39 PM
Try converting the font to curves (select the font, click on Arrange and then convert to curves) See if this works. This will eliminate the font as a possible problem.

James & Zelma Litzmann
12-15-2006, 5:54 PM
When I first open a file up all my fonts are there, when I send it to the printer, they disappear, then others start disappearing, like a list of 12 are no longer available.

Dave Fifield
12-15-2006, 7:26 PM
Zelma, How many fonts do you have installed on your PC? You should have no more than 200. If you do a goog search for "disappearing fonts" you will find this is a common problem that is easily solved by reducing the number of fonts you have installed.

Hope this helps.

:Dave F.

Mitchell Andrus
12-15-2006, 8:51 PM
I'm with Dave on this one. Not a laser-type problem, it's a Windows to Corel via a buffer thing. I had the same problem on my son's 'puter last year. A lot of cleaning up and a few re-boots, all's good again.

Bruce Volden
12-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Zelma, How many fonts do you have installed on your PC? You should have no more than 200. If you do a goog search for "disappearing fonts" you will find this is a common problem that is easily solved by reducing the number of fonts you have installed.

Hope this helps.

:Dave F.

That said, you cannot arbitrarily start deleting fonts. Windows requires several fonts just to boot up. DAMHIKT~I learned the hard way by deleting every font I NEVER used!!!! Haha, I was down for 2 days!!

Bruce

James & Zelma Litzmann
12-16-2006, 7:55 AM
Hey guys, thank you so very, very much for all you wonderful advise. I finally called Corel last night and found out that I had a corrupt file. Oh, it was the Celtic cross . . . the one I had to draw out . . . only spent a couple of days on trying to get it perfect. It was NOT that great anyhow, but I was able to dismantle the cross and save bits and pieces of it so that I didn't have to re-draw things like hands or gloves again. A lesson well learned, fonts start disappearing, bad file, corrupt file, throw the thing out! I am just glad it is over with. Hey, ya'll have a wonderful weekend and if I don't talk to you again in the next week or so.

MERRY CHIRSTMAS . . . EVERYBODY!

God Bless,
Zelma & James (Psalms 18:2)
Inscriptions Of The Heart