PDA

View Full Version : Creeker visit (Jason Tuinstra)

Russ Massery
12-15-2006, 12:58 PM
I had a "Creeker Visit" From none other than Jason himself.:D We did breakfast and had a great chat about woodworking. I showed him some of my work and the shop. He was in town on business,and had some time to share. He used to live here, But by the time we hooked up he was already in the process of moving.:( Sorry no pics, I'll quess you'll just have to take my word for it.:rolleyes: Thanks, Jason.

Russ

Jack Dickey
12-15-2006, 1:33 PM
Well ya hafta to have pix , sorry , Peacock told me when we hooked up that pics were mandatory for proof with this crowd ..

Karl Laustrup
12-15-2006, 5:19 PM
You been in the Moxie again Russ??? :D You know better than that. ;) :D

I don't suppose Jason had a camera either? :eek: :(

TYLER!!!! Would you 'splain the rules to these gentlemen please.

Karl

Jim Becker
12-15-2006, 5:26 PM
Ah...any 'Creeker visit is great! Jason is special! 'Glad you had a nice time.

Jerry Olexa
12-15-2006, 7:10 PM
Unacceptable!!! 2 good SMCers and no pics....Guess it didn't happen... I think Jason used to live/work in that general area. Oh well, we like you both anyway!!

Russ Massery
12-15-2006, 8:16 PM
Boy! I knew was going to take heat for not taking any pictures.:o

Dennis Peacock
12-15-2006, 8:52 PM
Congrats Russ.....and that's OK.....

I had a shop visiter earlier this week....Mr. Jim Hagar......and just LOVED the visit with Jim Hagar. Don't have pics either since I was spraying lacquer and it was getting dark, and the earth was rotating in the wrong directions....and.... :rolleyes: :D

Jason Tuinstra
12-16-2006, 9:30 AM
Hey all! Yea we knew that the 'no pics' thing was going to be a problem :p We didn't have a third person to take a picture of us though?! We were going to go to the mall and get in a picture booth together, but figured this wouldn't be good for a first visit :p :D

Seriously, it was great to visit with Russ and see his wood shop and his house filled with all the beauties that have come from his shop. His maple kitchen is inspiring. And his finishing abilities are first rate. I wish a picture could show off the finish he put on his kitchen table, but it wouldn't come close anyway - it's that good. And the shop was filled with all kinds of goodies that I wish I had. Thanks Russ for the hospitality! It was great to get together.

If you're ever Chicago way, be sure to look up Russ - he's very knowledgeable about woodworking and a kind, generous and considerate man.

larry merlau
12-16-2006, 9:21 PM
its opk for jason to not have the camra and we know he will be let off for it from his boss:) but you on the other hand had a camra at one time, even if you took ashot of jason looking at your shop, would sufice,, yup i am envious. i know how you and your better half are and if you say jason is ok in your book then he definatly is but i knew that already too from previous conversations..lucky dog you russ:) oh russ mark down the 7,8 of sept for next year as taken, wisconsin is headed our way.