PDA

View Full Version : Wilke Customer Service

Ted Miller
12-15-2006, 9:37 AM
I know this is petty, but I recently purchased the YC-1 package from Wilke, the York 12" jointer and the York 2hp mobile DC. Now since the jointer was runnin about 2K and the package with DC was a little over 2K I figured the DC was kinda free so cool. I had a freind who has no DC and I figured a perfect X-mas present for him.

Now I purchased the package just 2 weeks before the huge sale, glad the rep Tom at Wilke mentioned to me the sale was coming, I could have saved $500.00 on the jointer and bouth more equipment, but of course Tom said nothing to me about the up coming sale.

Now I rec'd the package and the jointer was fine, now I was busy and I did not get the jointer or the DC up and running til 3 weeks after I had rec'd the delivery. The DC is missing the belts to hold both the cloth and the plastic bags to the unit. I know this is a $10.00 item but I would still like to get a response e-mail from Tom, you think after 3 e-mails he would say something to me.

I work in a warehouse and I deal with vendors on a daily basis and I get things bent, broken, wrong color, and missing parts daily and no matter how long its been after I rec'd the item or items the vendor will for the most part work with me on getting what is needed, IF they want to continue business with us, but at least I get a response from the vendor asap.

I was looking at Wilke's Verticle Sander and Mortiser, but right now, I am looking elsewhere.

I am one of those guys who will pay more money for customer service since I am the one who deals with vendors on a daily basis...

Al Willits
12-15-2006, 9:42 AM
Maybe try calling them, I don't have a lot of faith in sending stuff by emails, usually they work, but not always.
Wilke was prety good with my questions but I called them.

Good luck.

Al

John Bailey
12-15-2006, 10:18 AM
I've never bought anything from Wilke, but I've seen many positive posts about their service. Looks like they didn't do too well on this one though. I would second the telephone call. I've had trouble in the past with e-mails and there's a good chance it's not getting to the right person. It would also be good to know how the phone call went. I'm still planning on a bandsaw upgrade in the future and the PBS 440 or 540 is tops on my list right now, however, with others close behind.

John

Ted Miller
12-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Well, I just got a response from Tom just now, so I do apologize for posting this thread, his response:

There is no message with this ? , I have the parts coming to you ! I also sent a couple plastic bags at no charge for your trouble .

Tom

glenn bradley
12-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Glad things worked out but, you post still has merit. I'm sorry for companies who are either not aware or do not understand how impactive one employees actions (due to poor training or other reasons) or lack of action can influence customers. Except for this forum I find people talk way more about "bad stuff" than "good stuff". This hits the manufacturer's bottom line.

Glad Tom got back to you and I agree with Al about the phone calls. I prefer email 'cause I get long winded. If I don't get a response I go for the phone ;-)

Ted Miller
12-15-2006, 11:48 AM
I just spoke with Kurt @ Wilke and he said that somehow Tom's three responses where not getting through to me and he was concerned and Tom in fact did send me replacement items on 12-13-06 eta 12-19-06, plus a few free items. I had a feeling there was a PC problem since I did recently get a brand new system here at work in the last three months. So again I apologize for the thread so everything worked out and I am glad Kurt made the call to me this morning.

A mod can delete this thread...

John Bailey
12-15-2006, 12:45 PM
I just spoke with Kurt @ Wilke and he said that somehow Tom's three responses where not getting through to me and he was concerned and Tom in fact did send me replacement items on 12-13-06 eta 12-19-06, plus a few free items. I had a feeling there was a PC problem since I did recently get a brand new system here at work in the last three months. So again I apologize for the thread so everything worked out and I am glad Kurt made the call to me this morning.

A mod can delete this thread...

Ted,

No need for apologies. This was an instructive thread with a good outcome.

Thanks for posting.

John