PDA

View Full Version : These will sell like Hotcakes!!

Dan Lautner
12-15-2006, 2:31 AM
A twelve inch one thousand lb Jointer for 1595. This is an amazing price for a jointer this size.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0609

Chris Barton
12-15-2006, 7:13 AM
That's about $1.60/lb, not bad.

Larry Fox
12-15-2006, 9:09 AM
That's about $1.60/lb, not bad.

Cheaper than chicken at my local grocery store. :)

Jim Becker
12-15-2006, 9:19 AM
I'm really glad to see this trend in "wide" and "affordable"...I'm a believer in face jointing and abhor the thought of ripping wider stock so it will fit on the jointer. Hopefully, Grizzly's move in this space will encourage the industry to make more substantial machinery options to be available to more people. At that price point, it's VERY competitive with many 8" jointer solutions.

Joe Mioux
12-15-2006, 8:44 PM
I'm really glad to see this trend in "wide" and "affordable"...I'm a believer in face jointing and abhor the thought of ripping wider stock so it will fit on the jointer. Hopefully, Grizzly's move in this space will encourage the industry to make more substantial machinery options to be available to more people. At that price point, it's VERY competitive with many 8" jointer solutions.

Hmm......

Might you be thinking wider jointer/planer combos, OR.......

even a 5 station combo machine........

Just a wonderin'

joe

Jim Becker
12-15-2006, 10:40 PM
I was just happy to see a nice 12" jointer for an affordable price for folks who want to by-pass the typical 8" jointer. Personally, I'm flush in this department at 350mm... ;) Meets my needs.

Mike Heidrick
12-15-2006, 11:16 PM
This will be my next large tool.

Don Bullock
12-16-2006, 12:27 PM

I agree. Hopefully by the time I can add one of these to my shop, more companies will be offering them at affordable prices as well.

Jeff Patrick
12-16-2006, 3:57 PM
Has anyone seen this machine? I'm wondering how it compares in use/quality/accuracy with their other 12" machines.

Jeffrey Schronce
12-16-2006, 4:39 PM
I agree. Hopefully by the time I can add one of these to my shop, more companies will be offering them at affordable prices as well.

I think it is more than coincidence that Wilke has lowered this to $1499 . .

John A. Williams
12-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Man, I want this machine! I've been saving up for the 8" 490, but damn! this is sweet. Has anyone ordered on yet? Or better yet, have one?