PDA

View Full Version : Cookie Exchange

George Tokarev
12-12-2006, 4:46 PM
Got a license to turn today from the big boss and her daughter, who thinks she's my boss too. I'm supposed to be working on a five-drawer chest, but they've got a "cookie exchange" coming up. Some sort of gossip session featuring coffee and plates of cookies. My job was the plates. Had the stock cut to rough length, and since it was #2 common, there were more than a few oddball chunks. I had turned one centerpiece yesterday afternoon. Gift for the wife of the sawyer who sells a half-pickup of 4/4 bass for a hundred bucks. Never hurts.

Tomorrow I rough the bass for dust frames and drawers, today, plates. Not a bad use for 4/4 scrap.

Paul Engle
12-12-2006, 5:52 PM
George, very nice, I tried that on some caps from birch rounds ....it was not pretty :( .What did you finish em with and what size ( althought the ts gives a good reference.

John Hart
12-12-2006, 9:27 PM
Yep...been through the room during a "cookie exchange". Trick is....take a cookie and run....otherwise, you'll get sucked into the conversation. Nice looking plates! :)

George Tokarev
12-15-2006, 1:13 PM
Shellac. I like it for quick and shiny, and it doesn't smell up a closed winter house. I generally put on two 1# cuts as a base, defuzz at 400 and then polish up with the same 1# cut while watching TV or listening to SWMBO tell about her day (or cookie exchange conversation). I can usually catch the replay or remember to grunt in the proper places. I