PDA

View Full Version : Engraving on glass

Herman Jeroue
12-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Hi
I just got a VersaLaser engraver. While purchasing it I also purchased the rotary tool to do glass. Unfortunately there were no instructions on how to engrave on glasswear.
Can anyone help we out by giving instruction on how to do this? I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas

Herman Jeroue
I love my VersaLaser

Wil Lambert
12-12-2006, 5:11 AM
If the VersaLaser works anything like the Epilog all you have to do is setup the pages correctly for each glass. When setting up the page find out the circumference of the glass (diameter * 3.1416). This dimension is the height of you page. Your length will come from the height of the glass. The you just go about laying out the designs as normal.

Wil

John LeBlanc
12-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Hello, Herman.

I have a VersaLaser too (VL300 30w), as well as the rotary attachment. Here's a direct link to the operating manual for VersaLaser attachments. The first one discussed is the rotary attachment:
http://www.ulsinc.com/versalaser/english/laser_applications/manual/versaLaser_5.pdf

If, after following that manual, you run into a brick wall, send me a private message and I'll be happy to help you out.

Herman Jeroue
12-12-2006, 6:55 PM
The information you sent will be very helpful. I have been sick for the last week and haven't been out in my shop. I will be out there soon and will try the rotary tool.
Thanks again
Herman Jeroue