PDA

View Full Version : Problems Bosch 1590 Jigsaw

Bryan Somers
12-11-2006, 1:04 PM
Our Maybe I allready have the solution. Heres a couple of cuts I made with the saw

The first one was made with the no mar plastic shoe on you will notice how nice and square the cut is (you may detect some sarcasim). The second is without the plastic shoe a much better cut. Does that shoe cause that much trouble an should it be left off? Have any of you had similar experiences. Other than that the saw cuts great very smooth finish. Assuming the problem was created by the plastic shoe being on there I sure wish I would have learned this before I turned that wood into kindling.:( Your input is welcome.

Andrew Shaber
12-11-2006, 3:37 PM
looks like the shoe is deflecting the blade?

glenn bradley
12-11-2006, 4:13 PM
I usually save cuts that long and straight for something other than a jigsaw (read sarcasm here) . . . just kidding ;-)

I noticed my 1591 scored one side of the shoe more than the other. If the blade is rubbing against it the teeth should show a definite notch there. My problem (I think) turned out to be that the shoe had too much play when the tool-less bevel lever was released / tightened. This was adjusted via access through the shoe. Now that the shoe moves a little snugger (?) through it's range of motion, I am more confident that I'm at 90* as I lock it down. This obviously means that I had not checked for a good 90* before cutting . . . duh! I'll take a whack at some 4/4 material and give some feedback. If you're starting out at a good 90* and getting that much drift I would check the blade and be sure it is up to the task. Bosch blades come in different thicknesses based on expected use. Some are quite tough and others are relatively delicate.

Bryan Somers
12-11-2006, 5:56 PM
I have double checked and the shoe is at 90 degrees. The blade is a Bosch blde 10 tpi although I am at work and cannot check the exact model of the blade. I'm basically wandering if the no mar plastic shoe that I had on was allowing the saw to pivot as I got a good wave there. The second pic was without the plastic shoe and you can see a nice straight line.