PDA

View Full Version : An interesting trade...

Kelly C. Hanna
12-11-2006, 8:53 AM
I bought a used HF lathe a couple of months ago and it didn't have all the pieces I needed to work with it. I got a couple of them, but somewhere along the way I realized that I just don't have the drive to turn.

I listed the lathe for sale thinking I would build a planer bench on wheels so that my workbench wouldn't be so crowded. This morning a Craigslist ad delayed the bench plan slightly [I will still be building it next weekend].

I found an Incra Jig Ultra router fence for sale in Terrell and I couldn't resist. I've been wanting one of these for awhile. So I called the guy and asked him if he'd consider a trade....he said yes and so now I own the jig and 10 router bits to use with it.

I will have to extend my router table extension to carry the jig's mounting base, but that's easy. The hard part will be learning this new fence system. I am very excited to get this new toy for the router table. Pics will follow when I get it mounted on the table the first time.

Jim Becker
12-11-2006, 8:58 AM
A narrow excape from abbyseration...this time. ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
12-11-2006, 9:12 AM
Wait 'til Andy see this one! He'll be sucking down the Moxi!

Glad you got a tool you'll use Kelly!

Kent Fitzgerald
12-11-2006, 12:09 PM
The hard part will be learning this new fence system.
The first time through, follow the instructions exactly and don't even try to understand what you're doing. It will all make sense when you're done, but some of the intermediate steps aren't intuitively obvious. It helped me to watch a buddy go through the setup before I tried it myself. Incra has videos, and I think there are some on the web as well, but I can't find them now.

Jim O'Dell
12-11-2006, 12:57 PM
I like it when I come out on the upper end of something like that! Congrats!! Jim.

David Duke
12-11-2006, 1:02 PM
Believe you got the better end of that deal...........those spinny guys are gonna have a fit!!