PDA

View Full Version : New mini-lathe

Ray Bersch
12-10-2006, 8:48 PM
I have been running around the country so much the past few months that I have not had a chance to do any of the projects I planned for the fall - including some Christmas gifts - so, before I converted the work shop back to a two car garage for the winter I felt I needed to accomplish at least one small project. Ahhh, refinish the lamp........would be nice to have a little lathe to spin it on........no problem. If you look closely you will see that my new mini-lathe is powered by a Milwaukee variable speed motor and it features an Irwin mico-speed controller....just the thing for sanding and applying a little spray paint. Actually, the lamp has some family history going back 30 years or so; suffice it to say that my long gone in-laws would be pleased to see it back in use.

The very slow speed made possible by the micro-speed controller permitted me to paint some very nice gold accents lines, the local Marine recruiter made his contribution with a nice decal and my wife picked out the shade.

Ok, the shop is closed for now, awaiting a warm winter weekend that I am sure will be used to tune and sharpen --- and oh, yes, the mini-lathe - well that has been converted back to three pieces of scrap wood, a drill and a clamp - go figure.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-10-2006, 9:12 PM
That's using your noggin' Ray!

Or as Larry the cable guy would say.....Get 'er Done!

Jim Becker
12-10-2006, 9:16 PM
Briliant, Ray!!

John Miliunas
12-10-2006, 9:51 PM
Yankee ingenuity strikes again! Well done, Ray! :) :cool:

Bernie Weishapl
12-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Well done Ray. Now that is some thinking. Nice job.

John Hart
12-11-2006, 6:47 AM
Nice Lamp!!!!!;) :)