PDA

View Full Version : smallest space for chop saw

Andrew Melamed
12-10-2006, 6:50 PM
what would you guys say the miminum space for a 10" sliding conpond miter saw?

Mike Henderson
12-10-2006, 7:33 PM
I assume you're mostly worried about the depth. You'd need to find out the distance between the front of the saw (meaning the part that attaches to the bench) and the back of the saw when the slider is all the way in. To make sure it'll fit, take a set of trammel points and scribe the distance to make sure nothing is in the way. You also need to be concerned about overhead space if you have overhead cabinets where you intend to put the saw.

Mike

Charles McKinley
12-11-2006, 11:20 PM
The Ridgid (home Depot) MSUV stand. It folds up so you cand stand it in the corner when you are not using it. It can easily support an 8' board and end cuts on a 12' with an extra stand (saw horse with a board clamped to it to the proper height). It rolls easily to move the saw and the supports can be set up as stops for accurate repatable cuts.

It is a very well thought out design. You would be hard pressed to build one with anyway near as many features for the $150 you can buy it for. (some really lucky people have gotten it for $100 but I have never seen it this low or I would have another one.)

My $0.02.